Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 01-18-2019, 10:40 AM
Large Bat

Default DSetup.dll missing?

I have carefully followed instructions on setup and install of titanium on my new machine, everything is installed and extracted to C:\EQEmu, and when I go to Launch Titanium bat i get an error message saying:

eqgame,exe - System Error
The program can't start because DSETUP.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

So, I tried reinstalling with no success. Help! I found the compressed version of the file in the P99Files45 zip directory, and tried extracting it to C:\EQEmu, which completed, but I did not find the extracted file in the EQEmu directory after extraction. What now? I hate to go back to my dingy old computer to play eq, but its not working on the new one. (Asus Rogue GT51).

Thanks in advance for any assistance
Mark (R/L)
Torkild (In game)
Old 01-18-2019, 12:29 PM
Planar Protector

Have you turned off antivirus / firewall?
Old 01-18-2019, 12:38 PM
Large Bat

Default virus/firewall

To my knowledge there is no firewall or anti-virus yet on this machine. Just pulled it out of the box, hooked up peripherals, and turned it on. Would that be a control panel issue? how can I determine if this is an issue?
Thanks
Mark
Old 01-18-2019, 10:06 PM
Large Bat

Default was firewall

I went in and turned off McAfee, which apparently is a stock thing with this machine. Got it to run, but now I can't maximize the window. I'll check the sticky thread on that one first. Thanks Legidias for the firewall suggestion
Old 01-20-2019, 12:53 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Yeah, i was having this issue. It came out to be my anti virus.
Old 03-06-2019, 01:22 AM
Large Rat

Just had a run in with this problem. I also use McAfee. I had to add the following files to my Exceptions list for Virus Scan & Firewall:

dssetup.dll
eqgame.exe
Launch Titanium.bat

Got it working, now have to fix running in window instead of full screen problem.
Old 03-22-2019, 09:06 PM
Aviak

how do you setit up to exclude those? windows 10 got reinstalled on this comp and i had dsetup.dll missing when i first installed titanium. then i uninstalled it. did the downloads again and it worked then i could load to character select with the normal human guys blah blah. i'd already transferred the files so what new spell files did i need? saw a post where someone retransferred the download files again (they said they had this issue) and voi la dsetup.dll is missing again.
Old 03-22-2019, 09:07 PM
Aviak

i have mcafee unfortunately on this atm and i turned it off in msconfig like someone had suggested. but i cannot find where you give an exclusion to certain files
Old 03-22-2019, 09:13 PM
Aviak

ok i've noticed dsetup.dll keeps disappearing after each time i put it back in my titanium folder after i click on the titanium shortcut.
Old 03-22-2019, 09:15 PM
Aviak

and now it disappeared the moment i dragged it from download to titanium file. wtf