Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2018, 12:47 PM
Sarnak

I've soloed yeldema several times on red on a group geared troll shaman (fungi as best item - zero raid items, no epic, no consumables or outside buffs).

Its very easy provided slow is refreshed timely and a simple rotation of torpor, canni and dots is followed.

Amazing how the person in the vid isn't autoattacking. Press Q for DPS!! He should also be using torpor on his pet rather then superior heal, this would open up a spellslot for a DR debuff. Haste on pet before engage would also help a lot.

Not an optimal performance for sure.

Just saw the part where he cast bane on himself.

Amazing.
Last edited by derpcake2; 12-05-2018 at 12:58 PM..
Old 12-05-2018, 01:23 PM
Fire Giant

+4 dragons are generally speaking significantly harder than +6 dragons. Ayilish rampages and hits harder.
Old 12-05-2018, 01:33 PM
Sarnak

I didn't have the gear on red to solo Ayillish, the AE really wrecks pets and the cancel magic can be really annoying to deal with.

That being said a well geared shm can do that one also I am sure, especially with consumables. A simple DS potion would speed up the fight a lot.
Old 12-05-2018, 01:46 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by derpcake2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didn't have the gear on red to solo Ayillish, the AE really wrecks pets and the cancel magic can be really annoying to deal with.

That being said a well geared shm can do that one also I am sure, especially with consumables. A simple DS potion would speed up the fight a lot.
I can solo Ayillish without consumables on my shaman. I have SS/ToV/a few BiS (~4100hp/1200ac with aego atm, still missing Strength of the Elements/could definitely upgrade many slots with ToV). The AoE really isn't that bad if you have clickies to replaces the buffs that get dispelled (ring 10, sow boots, grim aura, etc)

It's really just malo -> slow -> dots/pet -> reslow -> remalo -> etc. The only times things get hairy is if I am lazy and wait to long to reslow, because the mana does add up. I can do any of the warrior pit dragons/nest dragons, the clerics are too hard for obvious reasons.

What's more interesting imo is duoing Guardian Wurms outside VP with a rogue. The way I do it is have the rogue get on my druid harmony the 2 other wurms, then I pull with malo and they snare it, and we trade aggro back and forth until slow lands. Then I pull the wurm back to the VP ZL and tank it while the rogue logs over. Then we just DPS it down and I keep slow up. The ROI on this fight is higher than the WW dragons imo. Let me know if you have any questions... sorry I don't have video, but I can try to take some!

Edit: I should also add that I use Flash of Light to pull aggro off the rogue. Also I keep him Avatar-ed at all times.
Last edited by phatogre; 12-05-2018 at 01:50 PM..
Old 12-05-2018, 02:19 PM
Sarnak

I've quit a long time ago but I'd appreciate a vid, I'm sure many would.

Iirc I self buffed to 1900ish HP, with djarns ring, so that is quite a difference.

Casual play on red doesn't involve getting Aego, unfortunately.
Old 12-05-2018, 02:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatogre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Edit: I should also add that I use Flash of Light to pull aggro off the rogue. Also I keep him Avatar-ed at all times.
Good old Flash of Light, the taunt button of choice for Shaman tanks everywhere [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 12-06-2018, 04:20 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatogre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What's more interesting imo is duoing Guardian Wurms outside VP with a rogue. The way I do it is have the rogue get on my druid harmony the 2 other wurms, then I pull with malo and they snare it, and we trade aggro back and forth until slow lands. Then I pull the wurm back to the VP ZL and tank it while the rogue logs over. Then we just DPS it down and I keep slow up. The ROI on this fight is higher than the WW dragons imo. Let me know if you have any questions... sorry I don't have video, but I can try to take some!

Sorry to hijack this, but just curious, would a 60/60 shaman/monk team be able to duo G-wurms without having access to a druid?
Old 12-06-2018, 11:03 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by commongood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry to hijack this, but just curious, would a 60/60 shaman/monk team be able to duo G-wurms without having access to a druid?
Yes, however it is difficult as you have to land a slow quickly before he eats you even through Torpor. If you get resisted like 4 times in a row or something you're probably dead
Old 12-06-2018, 12:03 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by commongood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sizar is right, however there is one benefit to that combo which is the monk can split them and even kite the other 2 while you run around and try to slow, then they can bio orb or wherever to pull aggro back to them after you tank it while they reset the other wurms. I have not done that duo, only with a larger party, so be wary.
Closed Thread