Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2018, 11:53 AM
Planar Protector

Fill your weapon slots and haste. The rest of your slots wont matter at all until higher level (esp rogue in a group)
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 12-02-2018, 06:19 PM
Planar Protector

Dont spend alot of your plat on ravenscale armor(mask is nice for see invis) etc, just get a good piercer, I suggest lowest delay as possible esp since u gonna try to solo. Frozen shard is kinda meh... get hp rings of course, velium style is alot more expensive for just 10 more hp. orc fangs are ok for earrings - hand wraps haste are cheapest haste to hold on to untill epic. There is no charm slot. Get a bone fork from guk in range and put throwing daggers in range or get a bow like runed oak if u wanna - rogue lvls up with just a piercer in a group. Sneak hide if wiping and get out alive.
Old 12-03-2018, 01:45 AM
Aviak

How many points should i put in STR when creating the human rogue( 75 STR and STA as starting attributes) ?

I know, STR is most important for a rogue as damage dealer; when often soloing, STA could be important also.

wiki says:

"25 STA / 5 STR - The typical min/max build for end game raiding. This is a difficult early game build for low STR races. Recommended for Barbarians and Dwarves.
25 STR / 5 STA - This build emphasizes early game damage dealing at the expense of 80 max HP end game. Well suited for low STR races.
15 STR / 15 STA - A balanced build that suits any race. "

I think of putting all 30 points into str, when i have the upper mentioned equipment, i should be ok for soloing too, what you think ?
Old 12-03-2018, 03:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark11 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think of putting all 30 points into str, when i have the upper mentioned equipment, i should be ok for soloing too, what you think ?
With the above gear, you can solo, but it will be like killing 1 blue mob and sit for several minutes to regen. Once you get to 40's, even blues will wreck you solo. The only thing that makes rogue soloing a passable way to consistently level is with a regen bp (fungi/iksar) or a clickie heal chest (velious quest chest, or trak bp from 45+).

I get that you want to solo, but rogue is literally the worst solo class in the game. If you attempt it, I'm sorry to say, you will be in for disappointment. If you look for groups, you can find them even during your play time. I know, because I play at the same time you do.
Old 12-03-2018, 10:10 AM
Aviak

Ok, now you all told it to me often enough [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] ..i will build it as a group-char then, group play in everquest is great anyway(when players are elder then 11).
Means i go full for STR at creation.
Old 12-03-2018, 02:44 PM
Planar Protector

Go full str or 50/50 its not that important
U can solo on a rogue but its slow. Better than nothing if u do not have time to group/afk grinding - pm for a good camp list
Closed Thread