Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2018, 12:13 PM
Sarnak

Default How to raise faction with Edvard Tommels?

Edvard Tommels is the turn in NPC in south Qeynos for the Tesch Val Scrolls quests. I am a DE wizard and he is threatening to me. The wiki doesn't list his faction but allakazam says he is on qeynos citizen faction. There are a few quests that raise this faction in South Qeynos but I am also threatening to that particular NPC for thos quests.

I'm sure I'm not the first dark elf who has tried to do the scroll quests so hopefully someone has the solution.
Old 10-14-2018, 12:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm sure I'm not the first dark elf who has tried to do the scroll quests so hopefully someone has the solution.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=164337 is a guide for Qeynos overall. The key part for you is:

Quote:
There is also "Citizens of Qeynos", but the only members are Menkes Tabolet and beggars in qeycat. If you really want to you can do Menkes rat fur armor quests to raise them.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 10-14-2018 at 12:43 PM..
Old 10-14-2018, 01:01 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=164337 is a guide for Qeynos overall. The key part for you is:
Thank you but unfortunately threatening to Menkes Tabolet as well so I am unable to do the quests he offers
Old 10-14-2018, 01:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thank you but unfortunately threatening to Menkes Tabolet as well so I am unable to do the quests he offers
Have you tried: http://wiki.project1999.com/Faction_Tricks?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-14-2018, 03:11 PM
Sarnak

Just trying to do them for exp? It probably isn't worth the effort. If you just want to do it for the novelty, have at it.
Old 10-14-2018, 03:25 PM
Kobold

Believe it or not, kill edvard to raise qeynos citizen faction if you are Kos. This is classically correct (sony had it screwed up hence so do we).
Old 10-15-2018, 12:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgarin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Believe it or not, kill edvard to raise qeynos citizen faction if you are Kos. This is classically correct (sony had it screwed up hence so do we).
Beat him into submission until he cooperates, I like it.
Old 10-15-2018, 12:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Edvard Tommels is the turn in NPC in south Qeynos for the Tesch Val Scrolls quests. I am a DE wizard and he is threatening to me. The wiki doesn't list his faction but allakazam says he is on qeynos citizen faction. There are a few quests that raise this faction in South Qeynos but I am also threatening to that particular NPC for thos quests.

Hey! I got your solution. I am a DE Wizard who is turning in scrolls to edvard tommels. Invisible yourself in town (I bind myself at the dirt ramp near the bridge in SQ), stand NEXT to him with the wall inbetween you and him. Turn the scroll to him to open trade window, and then hit hide until he's indifferent. Then hit trade. It raises qeynoscitizen, his own faction. He does NOT see you through the wall of the house. There is one NPC to watch out for who patrolls sometimes named Bigroon but hes only level 35, doesn't hit too hard and right under Edvard tommels is a zone line to qeynos catacombs in the water next to him.

The only other way to raise the faction is to do one of the 4 rat/snake necklace/jewelry quests from a high elf guy who is also threatening. Your best bet is to use the wall with tommels to get to dubious. youll be there after maybe 25 scrolls.

I can make a video for you if you want, like I did for bread quest.
Last edited by Cen; 10-15-2018 at 12:50 AM..
Old 10-25-2018, 08:35 PM
Planar Protector

Sorry you probably already figured it out but for anyone else in the world: [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-26-2018, 08:56 AM
Sarnak

Cen, this is great info! So, if you are able to open a trade window with someone but manage to stay out of view / not get attacked, activating "HIDE" will up your faction to indifferent?

And, per the previous poster, does killing Edvard somehow raise the appropriate faction?
Closed Thread