Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2018, 09:37 AM
Planar Protector

Duration root him next to a corner.

Double zone to clear aggro.

Stand around corner from him to initiate 3rd person view trade without being seen.

Hide until indifferent.

Complete the give.

You can probably bribe a newbie to hail spam him once he is in position.
Old 10-26-2018, 11:52 AM
Planar Protector

Yep.

Also, I learned that Hansl Bigroon is also on QeynosCitizen. I only need to test if QeynosCitizen and Citizens of Qeynos are the same faction using the half elf rat quest guy, but I need to bring my bard or chantbro over to do the final test. Id update some wrong info on p99 wiki but I just can't handle updating wikis
Old 10-26-2018, 01:05 PM
Sarnak

Cen, are you also doing all of these steps described by Mr. Jimjam above (ie duration root, zoning out/in, etc)?
Old 10-26-2018, 01:54 PM
Planar Protector

Make sure to NOT turn in all 4 scrolls at once, as that's a different quest and gives a much lesser xp reward than doing the scrolls individually.

-Mcoy
Old 10-26-2018, 01:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Id update some wrong info on p99 wiki but I just can't handle updating wikis
It's easy! I promise if you have the brainpower to play EQ you have the brainpower to edit the wiki, and I'd be happy to help answer any questions that come up (either here or in PMs).

But if you're dead-set against editing it yourself, you can also tell me what to update, and I'll add it to my (long) queue of wiki work.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-26-2018, 02:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by stebbins99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cen, are you also doing all of these steps described by Mr. Jimjam above (ie duration root, zoning out/in, etc)?
No I did nothing of the sort because I'm a dark elf wizard with hide. He doesnt aggro through the wall like in my picture. Stand next to him with wall between. Click door open. Click scroll on him. Hit hide or invis yourself so hes indifferent. Hit accept.

I'm only kos still to qeynos citizens so i have to avoid Hansl bigroon and thats it. As a wizard dark elf who is good or neutral you arent default kos to the casters guild by default, only qeynos citizens, and thunder temple (and monks and temple of life in NQ). I murdered so many gnolls and turned in slightly too many teeth where trumpy doesnt like me but thats an easy fix with some raider kills next to the NQ portal just havent taken time. I'm almost non kos in all of Qeynos on my dark elf wizard.. Which honestly if dark elf faction was classic i should have started that way lol
Old 10-26-2018, 03:14 PM
Kobold

Get Share Wolf Form from a druid. My friend MQ'd the Qeynos Badge of Honor on a DE that way.
Old 12-05-2018, 12:47 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by stebbins99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cen, this is great info! So, if you are able to open a trade window with someone but manage to stay out of view / not get attacked, activating "HIDE" will up your faction to indifferent?

And, per the previous poster, does killing Edvard somehow raise the appropriate faction?
Could this work with Iksars who can FD?
Old 12-05-2018, 01:30 PM
Sarnak

I'm about 99% sure you cannot open trade windows whilst FD -- just bank. Classes that can *sneak* and can get behind the NPC are able to vend/trade as long as the sneak is successful + "indifferent" is good-enough for the quest.

Still nice being able to bank whilst FD, of course!
Old 12-05-2018, 02:43 PM
Orc

Thanks for the info brotha! Hoping to see Goth or Rich again soon!
Closed Thread