Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2018, 08:31 PM
Large Rat

Default Temporary block on account?

Hey there, been playing again for a week or so and I got my wife set up to join me this weekend. She's good to go, but now when I try to join the server (Project 1999:Blue Server) I get "this ip has a temporary block on it" if anybody has any idea who I should contact or what I should do that would be awesome! Thanks.
Old 11-30-2018, 08:35 PM
Sarnak

You need an IP exemption to play together here. They don't let two people with the same IP address connect by default. It is a method to prevent people from 2 boxing characters.
Make a post in the Petition//Exploit thread asking for an IP exemption. Include both account names/character names and other relevant info.
Lyrri - 52 Wood Elf Bard <Vanquish>
Dainea - 50 Halfling Cleric <Vanquish>
Old 11-30-2018, 08:42 PM
Large Rat

Arrgh...I had a feeling it was something like that, thanks I'll see if I can find the right board.
Old 11-30-2018, 10:09 PM
Planar Protector

...and remember, don't log her cleric/druid in to buff you if you're by yourself ^^
Old 11-30-2018, 10:40 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah, they are quite strict about the no 2-boxing rule. Be forewarned, sometimes the IP exemption can take weeks, or sometimes 2 days. They do them in batches, so it depends when staff has time to get around to it.

You can create a thread here and this is what they need you to post in the thread (it will only be viewable by you and server staff):

"IP Exemption: This is for requesting to be exempt from the limit of 1 connection per IP Address. You may request exemption if you have more than 1 real person playing from the same IP. When posting for this, please include the account names of every person that will be playing from the same IP, as well as the identities (real first names) / relations to those players, and please make sure that at least one character has been created under each account. Please verify the spelling of each account you specify. This format works best: Real first name - Relationship - Loginserver Account Name
If you fail to provide us the format we have requested it will delay your request.
If you have requested an IP Exemption in the past please provide those accounts too.
This will fix the "Temporary IP ban" error."

Also, if you bump the thread, they move you to the back of the like. Submit and be patient [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-01-2018, 10:02 AM
Large Rat

Hah, yeah probably won't be a problem. Knowing her she'll play a wizard or a rogue so the temptation would be pretty low in any case.
Closed Thread