Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2018, 01:15 AM
Aviak

Well i more play casual and i'm not that much into group play, which has to do with my online-times mostly, so i should target a rogue able to solo too.
Nothing would suck much more then sitting around, not able to solo and not finding a group because its 6 am US-time.

The SCHW is a great item, will add it. Thing is i have that much time, i'm not in a hurry to make 1000 more plat in some weeks.

About max strength: so i should put everything in STR when i create the char ?
I thought DEX would be important for a rogue also(to-hit and avoid)

Head: Executioners Hood (AC 5, Dex 9, Str 4)
Face: Banded mail
Neck: Banded mail
Shoulders: Banded mail
Chest: Banded mail
Back: Banded mail
Arms: Banded mail
Hands: Silver Chitin Handwraps (AC: 5, SV FIRE: +3 SV DISEASE: +3 SV COLD: +3 SV MAGIC: +3 SV POISON: +3, Haste: +22% )
Waist: Banded mail
Wrist 1: Banded mail
Wrist 2: Banded mail
Legs: Banded mail
Feet: Banded mail

Ear 1:
Ear 2:
Charm:
Fingers 1:
Fingers 2:

Weapon Primary:Frozen Shard(Atk Delay 26, Dmg 13, Effect: Affliction (Combat, Casting Time: Instant) at Level 44 )
Weapon Secondary: Crystalline Short Sword (Atk Delay: 24, DMG: 12, STR: +4 CHA: +6 INT: +6 AGI: +4 )
Range:
Ammo:
Last edited by Mark11; 12-02-2018 at 01:32 AM..
Old 12-02-2018, 01:47 AM
Kobold

If what is holding you back from playing with people being your timezone...why not play with people from the similiar timezone? Alot of good euros out there

Byel- 60th level Magician of <Asgard>
Kimboh- 46th level Monk of <Asgard>
Old 12-02-2018, 03:38 AM
Planar Protector

Dex does not really improve your chance to hit, it improves your chance to level up weapon skills (which is what really improves your chance to hit). Dexterity also improves your weapons chance to cast their spells.
Old 12-02-2018, 04:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark11 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well i more play casual and i'm not that much into group play, which has to do with my online-times mostly, so i should target a rogue able to solo too.
Nothing would suck much more then sitting around, not able to solo and not finding a group because its 6 am US-time.
Rogue might the most group dependent class in the game. Technically it's doable and a "front stab" (backstab from the front) is something that exists but your quality of life goes up immensely if you get a fungi tunic (40k plat or somewhere around that area). Soloing will get harder and harder as you level a rogue.

If you're really not into grouping I'd honestly recommend another class...certainly a necro or druid would be better for your play style.

6am EST is probably the deadest hour on the server, as has been mentioned make some pals with Euro/Asian players... that's 12pm in central Europe and 8-9pm or so in parts of east Asia/Australia.
Old 12-02-2018, 05:38 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're really not into grouping I'd honestly recommend another class

Gabronth
15 Human Paladin
Old 12-02-2018, 09:05 AM
Large Rat

This is a great item you may want to add to your Rogue ... it procs at lvl 10 (STR buff) , decent dmg as well.. Or you could go with a Smoldering brand.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Polished_Granite_Tomahawk

https://wiki.project1999.com/Smoldering_Brand

Both affordable an frequently for sale at EC tunnel.
Old 12-02-2018, 09:22 AM
Aviak

Well i know i have 2 problems with me: being playing solo most of the time(timezone) and playing the rogue, but on my side is, that i'm not in a hurry and i really want to play it, not another char, for now. And i have hope that i get in a group sometimes, with some luck nevertheless.

The Fungus Covered Scale Tunic looks interesting but it has -10 Dex and -10 Agi, which is hard to take for the effect of snaring enemies for 10%, or have i overseen something ?

Especially hints on jewelry and charm slot would be important now, same as armor hints. I remember i saw a armor set, it was black and like made especially for rogues, but not sure about the name.
Old 12-02-2018, 10:05 AM
Planar Protector

You can ignore the dex and agi negatives on fungi. The 15 hp regen makes up for it. (Dex and AGI have minimal effect on anything you do anyways).

The black set was probably ravenscale.

Orc fang earrings are great.

Id still suggest hp / ac rings as they're just too good, and as a rogue you will want a little buffer room even if your focus isnt tanking.
Old 12-02-2018, 10:22 AM
Kobold

The Fungus Covered Scale Tunic increases your health regeneration by 15 points per tick, the snare effect doesn't apply on the tunic. 15 HP/tick is an insane amount of regeneration considering every character has either 1 or 2 HP/tick while standing up until level 50. With a fungi tunic you have pretty much 0 downtime between like 1 and 35, but you would have to farm quite a bit to get enough cash for a fungi on an untwinked rogue.

Platinum Fire Wedding Rings or Velium Fire Wedding Rings are a great for pretty much anyone, especcially at low level. Golden Amber Earrings are a good cheap +STR item, Orc Fang Earrings are better if you have more money to spend. Charms do not exist on this server.

As several people have said, Rogues are perhaps the worst soloing class at every stage of the game, but they really shine in group situations. I think you would enjoy playing a Monk more if you want to solo as an untwinked melee.
Old 12-02-2018, 11:40 AM
Aviak

Many good infos and hints again, i would love to get the Fungus Covered Scale Tunic, but 40k pp by selling orc belts and morning dew would take years, guess i have to look for that item later[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rings and Earrings are awesome, added them.

About the Ravenscale armor, looked it up in the wiki and its not very expensive, could afford it..has more AC and even stats, compared to banded mail. I add it also.

Still happy about suggestions, eventually a good bow for pulling would be helpful ?

Head: Ravenscale Coif (AC: 12, CHA: +2 WIS: +2 INT: +5, SV MAGIC: +5)
Face: Ravenscale Mask (AC: 8, CHA: +5, SV POISON: +10, Effect: See Invisible (Worn))
Neck: Ravenscale Neckguard (AC: 8, DEX: +5, SV DISEASE: +10)
Shoulders: Ravenscale Shoulderpads (AC: 10, STR: +5, SV MAGIC: +5)
Chest: Ravenscale Chestquard (AC: 19, STR: +5 HP: +15, SV DISEASE: +5 SV POISON: +5)
Back: Ravenscale Cloak (AC: 12, AGI: +5, SV COLD: +5)
Arms: Ravenscale Armguards (AC: 10, DEX: +5, SV FIRE: +5)
Hands: Silver Chitin Handwraps (AC: 5, SV FIRE: +3 SV DISEASE: +3 SV COLD: +3 SV MAGIC: +3 SV POISON: +3, Haste: +22% )
Waist: Ravenscale Belt (AC: 9, STA: +5 HP: +25)
Wrist 1: Ravenscale Bracer (AC: 9, AGI: +3, SV POISON: +3)
Wrist 2: Ravenscale Bracer (AC: 9, AGI: +3, SV POISON: +3)
Legs: Ravenscale Leggins (AC: 12, STA: +5, SV DISEASE: +5)
Feet: Ravenscale Boots (AC: 10, DEX: +2 CHA: +5, SV DISEASE: +2 SV POISON: +2)

Ear 1: Orc Fang Earring( AC: 3, STR: +3 HP: +15)
Ear 2: Orc Fang Earring( AC: 3, STR: +3 HP: +15)

Fingers 1: Velium Fire Wedding Ring ( AC: 6, HP: +65)
Fingers 2: Velium Fire Wedding Ring ( AC: 6, HP: +65)

Weapon Primary: Frozen Shard(Atk Delay 26, Dmg 13, Effect: Affliction (Combat, Casting Time: Instant) at Level 44 )
Weapon Secondary: Crystalline Short Sword (Atk Delay: 24, DMG: 12, STR: +4 CHA: +6 INT: +6 AGI: +4 )
Range:
Ammo:
Closed Thread