Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2018, 01:32 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Absolute EQ beginner here.

Hey guys! I'm finally getting around to trying out Everquest! I never had a chance back then to play it (or any MMO, really. Thanks, rural internet providers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]) but now that my cousin has introduced me to P99, and told me about Pantheon being in development, this seems like the perfect time to take the plunge. Just have to apply for the IP exemption so we can both play at the same time.

See you all out there!
Old 12-13-2018, 09:07 AM
Planar Protector

Remember the pelvic trust! Merry xxxmas ya'll
Old 12-13-2018, 01:46 PM
Banned

You live with your cousin?

IP exemptions can take a while.
Old 12-13-2018, 02:07 PM
Planar Protector

This is honestly a bad first foray into MMO's. Unless you have nostalgia for this game I can only imagine how unplayable it would be. The lower levels are brutal and tedious for new players and I honestly cant imagine someone being able to make it through having NEVER played EQ before.

I guess I say that to say this - don't let your first impressions of the shity UI, clunky controls, complete lack of direction, and 1999 graphics turn you off. You will have to fight through it at first, but if you do then you too can become a powerful Elf Lord.
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 12-13-2018, 02:44 PM
Banned

I was very young back in '99 and only got a character to level 14 before I was banned (for calling an Erudite a....name)

Nostalgia still motivated me to play and when I first started P99, I probably sat there for 10+ minutes listening to the backpack opening/closing sound.

Keep in mind it's an old game, but I still believe brand new people can forgive its shortcomings and enjoy it.

I've quit WoW to play Project1999 plenty of times.
Old 12-13-2018, 03:35 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndRateProdigy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey guys! I'm finally getting around to trying out Everquest! I never had a chance back then to play it (or any MMO, really. Thanks, rural internet providers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]) but now that my cousin has introduced me to P99, and told me about Pantheon being in development, this seems like the perfect time to take the plunge. Just have to apply for the IP exemption so we can both play at the same time.

See you all out there!
I sincerely wish you to best on this server, keep an open mind and be patient. Play whatever class is fun for you, every class is viable (overpowered even with the right gear most of them)

Also don't 2 box like ever because you will get caught eventually, longer it takes, more shit you lose. I would say this to anyone because it ruins the server for everyone (including you) but especially you because of the living with your cousin story is just not a normal thing and doesn't come off right so ya(no explanation needed, just saying what everyone's thinking reading this), just don't 2 box, you'll be fine. Have fun! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[60 Arch Mage] Unholypower (Gnome)
[58 Beguiler] Kudavan (High Elf)
[57 Troubadour] Atreyu (Half Elf)

Red Server
Old 12-13-2018, 03:43 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The lower levels are brutal and tedious for new players and I honestly cant imagine someone being able to make it through having NEVER played EQ before.
I got a buddy who never played Everquest live that made it to 60 on an Enchanter and on a Shaman (can't remember if he got Torpor or not), epics and raid gear during Kunark, he even got a Magician up to like 53 before he said this is terrible and sacked it down to 46 or whatever [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I agree though, 9 times outta 10 the dude that never played Everquest and has been spoiled by modern MMOs isn't gonna last here.
[60 Arch Mage] Unholypower (Gnome)
[58 Beguiler] Kudavan (High Elf)
[57 Troubadour] Atreyu (Half Elf)

Red Server
Old 12-14-2018, 07:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is honestly a bad first foray into MMO's. Unless you have nostalgia for this game I can only imagine how unplayable it would be. The lower levels are brutal and tedious for new players and I honestly cant imagine someone being able to make it through having NEVER played EQ before.

I guess I say that to say this - don't let your first impressions of the shity UI, clunky controls, complete lack of direction, and 1999 graphics turn you off. You will have to fight through it at first, but if you do then you too can become a powerful Elf Lord.
Hey man, I had never played EQ before P99.

However I was playing MMOs in 99. Asheron's Call made this grindfest seem easy.
Old 12-14-2018, 04:04 PM
Kobold

I went Everquest > Asheron's Call > Anarchy Online > P1999.

I miss both Sullon Zek and Darktide.
Old 12-14-2018, 04:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowner411 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I went Everquest > Asheron's Call > Anarchy Online > P1999.

I miss both Sullon Zek and Darktide.

Darktide takes the cake for harshest MMO environment of all time.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread