Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 07:49 PM
Banned

Default Whats with the World of Warcraft Crowd?

Seriously, unless you are an enchanter, cleric, warrior, shaman, rogue or monk, you aren't finding a group on this server.

This min/maxing garbage didn't exist back in 1999. Rolling a hybrid is the most depressing thing ever here. People will not group with you.

With Velious not being anywhere near being released, I think hybrid exp penalties should be removed. Once you break into the 30+ level range, theres too many super twinks from high end raiding guilds that discriminate. I have had friends quit playing here because those chose hybrid and without 1 mil plat in droppables equipped, nobody wants them in their group. The hybrid penalty is driving people away from playing here. Things are barely classic here to begin with considering everyones knowledge of the game, item linking in game, etc. just nix this stupid shit.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:57 PM
Planar Protector

I group with anybody... it's only a few folks that are lame like that.

For every super twink person there are at least 3~4 non super twinks... just roll with them.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flunklesnarkin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I group with anybody... it's only a few folks that are lame like that.

For every super twink person there are at least 3~4 non super twinks... just roll with them.
Pretty much this.

I enjoy grouping with everyone generally when I'm on an alt. I have a few good ranger alt friends too...Mind you I give them crud about being a ranger but it's all in good fun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

"I don't need a ranger for a MM group, no mobs DT here!"
Old 02-08-2012, 08:03 PM
Banned

Easier said than done. It's doable from 1-30, past 30 the crowd thins and I've been to every leveling zone for 30+, nobody wants hybrids.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Easier said than done. It's doable from 1-30, past 30 the crowd thins and I've been to every leveling zone for 30+, nobody wants hybrids.
This is an exaggeration, but there is some truth in it nonetheless. There are two other undeniable truths that aren't going to go away and that make what you say partially true:
1. Exp penalty modifications will not deviate from the path of changes (Velious gives some relief) that was taken in Classic.
2. Yes, there is much more min/max going on now then in 1999, when there was insufficent knowledge as yet to do much min-maxing. However, by Kunark it was already in full swing on Classic, and it certainly is not going to go away.

You will have to make do as best you can. However, your words may influence a few people to be less restrictive in their grouping choices, so on the whole, I support your post.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:17 PM
Kobold

I got the supertwink crying game as early as orc hill. Just trying to get a group with a lvl5 bard... he been deleted since then. Only play core classes. I feel your pain.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:20 PM
Planar Protector

Well if you around high 40's low 50's i got a 49 cleric... my first on server

i usually end up grouped with 4 or 5 hybrid iksar but w/e lol.. its not a race to 60 imo.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:22 PM
Banned

I'll group with you.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:51 PM
Fire Giant

First off, you listed cleric, enchanter, shaman, and rogue as 4 of the 6 classes that people will accept into groups, assuming that it was (just) their lack of an xp penalty that was the reason, when actually it is mostly because each of those classes is the absolute best class for what they do. You can't match, let alone beat, a cleric healer or an enchanter CCer or a shaman buffer/debuffer or a rogue DPSer.

Getting past that, I am probably one of the most picky people when it comes to groups on this server. I tend to prefer maximizing my xp per hour over just about anything else. But even I don't categorically refuse to group with hybrids.

Now of course I will look for a rogue, a mage, or a necro for DPS before I'd consider a monk (unless we need a puller/FD splitter) or ranger.

And yeah I'd prefer a warrior tank, although given the threat SK and pals can fire off from level 9 when warriors don't have the sweet procs until much, much later, I don't mind hybrid tanks at all.

And as far as bards? They're bards. So what they eat 40% more xp than someone else might? They can do enough nice stuff to make up for that penalty, especially when you're lacking a haster or slower or CCer, or if you're in a caster-heavy group.

It's almost all about the player and not the class, really. I'd rather fill a dps slot with a good bard than a bad rogue. I'd rather have a good iksar shadowknight tank than a bad halfling warrior tank. Etc.

Find some friends who are good players and, no matter what all of your races and classes are, you'll do well.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:18 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischsemmel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And as far as bards? They're bards. So what they eat 40% more xp than someone else might?
Why would letting a ranger, paladin, sk, or bard join your group make everyone earn less exp? I was under the impression that the exp penalty was applied to the individual character.
Closed Thread