Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 08:22 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default 2 New players.

A friend and i are going to start playing p1999. I am rolling an ogre shadowknight and she is going to play a Dark elf necromancer.

Im going to need some advice becouse i have never started in freeport. I supose i can stay in the starting area to level 4 or so and then move to the orcs camp? Which is the first dungeon we can do?

Is necro + SK an OK duo? She is new and she has no idea so she told me she wanted to be a mage, so between all the casters i suposed a necro would be the best partner but i can tell her to roll a wizard if its necesary.

Sorry about my poor english, i tried my best [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Old 10-16-2012, 08:25 AM
Sarnak

Lvl in EC, then WC/Befallen/Oasis. Send me a tell in game for buffage/advice.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:26 AM
Kobold

First of all, welcome to our community! Onto the duo, for an sk, I personally feel shaman is the better duo option, but play whatever is most fun for you both. Enjoy
Old 10-16-2012, 08:35 AM
Planar Protector

Necro is probably the best caster partner for a shadow knight, yeah. You'll be a workable, though not overly powerful, duo.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:07 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Thanks for your answers guys.

And about gearing up, i dont remember how it was during the classic era. If i remember well the bronze armor was the best for lowbies, can i get it from merchant or does it drop in WC?

Ah and one more question, allakazam wiki is based in nowdays EQ. Do you know any web to check the necro spells up and what merchant sells them?

Thanks again, see you soon in norrath.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:08 AM
Kobold

A great resource - http://wiki.project1999.org
Old 10-16-2012, 09:46 AM
Planar Protector

The Necro is one of the best classes in P1999. But with a SK you both have pretty much the same line of spells. Not sure that is the best way to go? Neither one bringing nothing different down the road. But both classes having pets fear kiting would be pretty uber.

But who is going to heal the SK higer levels? I know the 30 point Necro heal is great at level 14ish. But after that I am not sure. But I guess the downtime is no worse than a Druid or Wizzy medding. Sounds interesting.

You will need a good weapon worse than anything as the SK. The Necro can be naked. Not much difference. Welcome aboard.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:55 AM
Planar Protector

If you're starting in EC you'll be able to get buffs and probably some free newbie gear from the players hanging out there.

As others have said, you're downtime will come from lack of healing and the necro doesn't bring any melee buffs. You'll find yourselves looking for druid/shm/clrs to round out your group but necro/sk can certainly get by with their lifetaps/necro heals...just with more downtime.
Old 10-16-2012, 11:04 AM
Planar Protector

yeah necro+sk not a very effective combo.

Better choice would be:
sk + any type of healer (shaman is optimal)

or:

necro + paladin
Old 10-16-2012, 11:05 AM
Planar Protector

Shaman is a MUCH better duo partner with SK, but the necro and SK should be able to fear kite effectively throughout the game.
Closed Thread