Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 10:57 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kika Maslyaka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its an inherit problem with any sort of epic weapon and any future content.
I agree completely on this. Epic weapons were VERY poorly designed. Each class should have had a single item to quest for that was "epic" in nature. Rangers should have had, maybe one off-hand sword, Paladins a shield or something, vary the slots. Wizards could have been a ring, etc.etc. Keep the slots different and unique so you don't have scenarios where main hand items never get used again.

I am of the opinion that epics should have been allowed to obsolete, and I feel the same way about primal. Avatar procing weapons were just STUPID. Make them proc Primal Essence and maybe an extra +20 atk on it or whatever.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:18 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I'd just reset the server after 2 years of velious. The cycle would be.

1.5 years of classic.
1.5 years of kunark.
2 Years of velious.
Reset the server, delete the characters/transfer them to the red server or something like that and start over from classic.

Diablo 2 uses a system similar than this and its fun.
Last edited by Yeska; 10-21-2012 at 08:56 AM..
Old 10-21-2012, 10:49 AM
Aviak

Random points I can think of off the top of my head.

The Good: Caster Dps and Druid/Sham healing viability, Beastlord, Ssra, Acrylia Caverns, Greig's End

Frequently Misunderstood or Poorly Executed: AA's, random mid-high lvl zones with little
incentive to visit, Vah Shir, Grimling Wars, Sanctus Seru, Nexus

The Bad: Majority of Luclin models, Horses, Bazaar, Paludal Caverns, Vex Thal,

I also really really really do not understand the hate on vah shir, especially considering how much love the other animalistic races get... I mean, catmen are no more stupid than frog, dog, or rat people, all of which we have atm.

Their lore made sense (weird shit happens on Norrath) and they did not have shoddy attack animations like iksar, or complete over the top casting animations like froglok.

From what I have gathered, this hate on vah shir (and at least half of the general SoL hate) is 100% irrational and is almost always people just trying to find one more reason to hate on a expansion that helped destroy their vision of EQ.
Old 10-21-2012, 05:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Curious, what epics are upgraded by random mobs in Velious? That sounds much more like WoW than Velious. All the caster, priest epics were still BiS at the end of Velious as I recall. Some vulak loot was better than melee epics, and some other dragon loot made for some arguments but hardly random mobs as far as I can remember....

Even in Luclin the caster epics were still very relevant and for casual melees as well...
I think he meant random mobs as raid mobs, not snow cougars and shit.

The only epic not replaceable in Velious (outside of clicks) is the bard epic.
Wizard, Enchanter, Mage, and Necromancer - Staff of the Silent Star
Cleric - Blackstar + Sprinkler
Shaman/Druid - Sprinkler of Spirits
Monk - technically DoVassirs qualify here, but not realistically upgraded until PoP imo.

The melee weapons all have numerous examples.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:35 PM
Kobold

Halfling rangers just make sence. I played so many different race/class combinations on live but never got into any of them as much as I did my halfling ranger.. I would be playing right now I think if the race/class combo was opened up.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:37 PM
Banned

The rationale was very good.

If a race can be a warrior and a druid, they could also be a ranger.

Some with necro+war (SK) and cleric + war (Pal).
Old 10-22-2012, 11:18 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bazaar will never exist.
PoKnowledge will never exist.

Nexus... maybe.
AA's.. unlikely but I wouldn't completely rule them out.. maybe a small amount of them.

But reusing plane of power zones and attaching them to existing zonelines spread out across the current norrath, definitely a possibility. Those zones look great, and lots of room for content. All the mobs and itemization would be custom to stay in line with velious level RvR.
For the sake of Wizards and Druids...I hope that AA's or something is implemented before Nexus would ever go live. I know this is all way down the road just throwing out suggestions. These 2 classes become extremely hard to get a group with when you take away their ability to port. It's really the only reason they get groups now.

Unless given some AA's to adjust their in game lifestyle both of these classes will be an after thought when Nexus goes live.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:45 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
BiC was brutal.. but it was nice because you could get a really beastly aug without raiding, and then keep upgrading it as you did the raids. By the end of the expansion after getting the Tunat piece, that thing was better than pretty much anything until Serpent Spine.

That quest in it's entirety in current content was harder than any of the Epic 1.5 and 2.0's.
BiC was super brutal, and I agree that it was much much harder than any epic quest. What made it worse for non-raiders was that GoD basically made knights and shaman/druids worthless due to the difficulty of the content. Even after the nerf, most casuals could not do any of the useful content.

This said, BiC kept a lot of people busy for a long time! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-22-2012, 02:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Halfling rangers just make sence. I played so many different race/class combinations on live but never got into any of them as much as I did my halfling ranger.. I would be playing right now I think if the race/class combo was opened up.
COMPLETELY AGREED

this is one non-classic change that i think would fit in perfectly with classic

even in 2000 i was baffled about why halflings couldn't play rangers
Old 10-22-2012, 02:49 PM
Skeleton

I would primarily like to see Halfling Pallies/Rangers, Gnome Pallies/SKs (even though barely anyone played those, lol), and Beastlords. I could easily forgo having Vah Shir and the entire moon, but I must admit that I did like the beastlord class and I loved the extra race/class combos. Heck, my main on live of was Halfling Pally and I loved it.

Oh, and I forget when it was implemented but would like to see DoTs stack again. (i.e. more than one necro tossing DoTs up)
Closed Thread