Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-02-2020, 03:57 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Glitched models on XP

I've installed p99 on my xp computer and everything runs fine and smooth, there's music at the character screen and a voice talks during character creation. The only problem is the models are super glitched looking.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm not sure what the problem is. I thought it could be video driver issues, I have two geforce 6800s installed. i've tried them with SLI on and off, I've tried the newest drivers and uninstalling the video drivers to install older ones but either way it's the same screwed up models. I tried turning detailed models off in options, which had no apparent effect either.

I'm usually pretty good at figuring this stuff out myself but I've been at this all day (after installing it on my 98 computer and realizing p99 is incompatible with windows 98) and I feel pretty frustrated. Would appreciate any help.
Old 03-03-2020, 01:50 AM
Sarnak

Windows 98, XP? Are you going for the full classic experience including hardware and OS? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Some things to try:

Have you tried different resolutions, both your system display and the game?
Windowed mode vs Full screen?
Only running with one gfx card (try with one in and then swap to the other)?
Try with different memory sticks or in different configuration
Try replacing the eqclient.ini file with the default in case some display settings are mucking things up.
Some files may be corrupt, maybe try re-installing eq and/or running a check disk
Ensure that your P99 installation image is valid

Good luck hope you get it sorted.

EQFriends Consolidation Tool - consolidate all your friends
Auction/Logfile Notifier - logfile watcher with text/email notification
Last edited by salimoneus; 03-03-2020 at 01:52 AM..
Old 03-03-2020, 08:56 PM
Planar Protector

Looks similar to this thread. On the last page someone suggested a fix regarding the RenderEffects folder in new patches and reverting back to an original/older version

Might be worth a look
Old 03-03-2020, 09:56 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by salimoneus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Windows 98, XP? Are you going for the full classic experience including hardware and OS? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am! I've always preferred to play things on their original hardware, and I think the game looks better on a CRT, but maybe that's just me. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Looks similar to this thread. On the last page someone suggested a fix regarding the RenderEffects folder in new patches and reverting back to an original/older version

Might be worth a look
This actually worked! Thank you so much for that. Did what it said, copied the patch minus the RenderEffects folder and it looks perfect now.

I really appreciate it! Never would've thought that to be the issue.