Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 10:34 PM
Banned

Default Lack of integrity: Cheaters, hackers, and the GM's who remain silent

It's fairly amazing how much you can get away with on this server if you're in a large guild as opposed to a random low-level player...

For example:
The Koota incident
http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=22200

Tubban incident
http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=23751

Jeremy incident (more fallout)
http://www.project1999.org/forums/ar...16187-p-2.html

The point is, I've seen so many people and entire guilds being punished lightly for blatant hacking, duping, and boxing and now these same guilds (now new mergers) have members which are not only being caught but also reoffending... contradicting their statements, going against leniency on issues that can completely meltdown a server like VZ/TZ 2.0

How is it that these same individuals, in the same clique circle, in the same guild under a new tag continue to cheat and walk away with a mere suspension or even more laughable a de-level? While I see random players not in any large raiding guild get completely IP banned and cast off from the community?

Is the administration really afraid to lose a few hundred people? People that have been probably cheating their entire course of play? Why do they continually receive suspensions for the most grievous of offenses when you can get tackled with a permaban just for arguing or training?

This integrity is a joke and will eventually be the downfall of the server if people can sit around dicking each other over and the worst offense is a 2-week vacation during summer no less and some extra time in Skyfire mountains.

These 365 people, and the people suspended prior to this sweep should be on an Abacab level MGMT ban with no hope of being released, I've eaten my fair share of bans, several people that post here have as well and frankly it's bullshit how the administration can sit there and worry more over server population and appeasing the hardcore players than the actual integrity and opinions of the vocal majority.

In short.

They've been banned dozens of times, they've been warned dozens of times, and they've drug the server down in the process, their punishment should be of the highest level of severity and no less should suffice.

Ban them and delete their toons
Old 08-28-2011, 10:36 PM
Banned

I support this post.
Old 08-28-2011, 10:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I support this post.
Old 08-28-2011, 10:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I support this post.
It's just odd that people can walk away with a "clean slate" when they've been granted that several times before. How many times are you going to put a repeat offender on probation before you realize he's just going to fuck it up again and be right back in the same situation?

I'm not saying Koota, Jeremy, Tubban, and whomever else was granted reprieve from hacking is doing so again, but you can most certainly bet that they are guilded with people who've just been banned this week for the same exact shit.

Seriously, it's almost like if you have the numbers and gear to take out a raid mob the rules are set-aside and or altered for you.
Old 08-28-2011, 10:41 PM
Planar Protector

Fuckin real truth brah.
Old 08-28-2011, 10:46 PM
Planar Protector

Abacab is a civil, unselfish, and valued member of this community and we must address his concerns.
Old 08-28-2011, 10:49 PM
Banned

All this server needs is Rogean shutting it down and selling off the box for a boat, Gronkus style and the cycle will be complete
Old 08-28-2011, 10:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by God-King Abacab [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All this server needs is Rogean shutting it down and selling off the box for a boat, Gronkus style and the cycle will be complete
I'd fucking rofl hard, and then go hang out with him on his boat.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:16 PM
Planar Protector

I hope they honestly publish a list of the offenders. Dunno if they already did? Haven't been around lately but theres two reasons this should happen:

1. for the lols
2. people are never going to shut up about who they think is guilty.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by God-King Abacab [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's fairly amazing how much you can get away with on this server if you're in a large guild as opposed to a random low-level player...

For example:
The Koota incident
http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=22200

Tubban incident
http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=23751

Jeremy incident (more fallout)
http://www.project1999.org/forums/ar...16187-p-2.html

The point is, I've seen so many people and entire guilds being punished lightly for blatant hacking, duping, and boxing and now these same guilds (now new mergers) have members which are not only being caught but also reoffending... contradicting their statements, going against leniency on issues that can completely meltdown a server like VZ/TZ 2.0

How is it that these same individuals, in the same clique circle, in the same guild under a new tag continue to cheat and walk away with a mere suspension or even more laughable a de-level? While I see random players not in any large raiding guild get completely IP banned and cast off from the community?

Is the administration really afraid to lose a few hundred people? People that have been probably cheating their entire course of play? Why do they continually receive suspensions for the most grievous of offenses when you can get tackled with a permaban just for arguing or training?

This integrity is a joke and will eventually be the downfall of the server if people can sit around dicking each other over and the worst offense is a 2-week vacation during summer no less and some extra time in Skyfire mountains.

These 365 people, and the people suspended prior to this sweep should be on an Abacab level MGMT ban with no hope of being released, I've eaten my fair share of bans, several people that post here have as well and frankly it's bullshit how the administration can sit there and worry more over server population and appeasing the hardcore players than the actual integrity and opinions of the vocal majority.

In short.

They've been banned dozens of times, they've been warned dozens of times, and they've drug the server down in the process, their punishment should be of the highest level of severity and no less should suffice.

Ban them and delete their toons
Pot, kettle, etc.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Closed Thread