Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2020, 03:36 PM
Decaying Skeleton

The merge was a really really bad decision..... overcamped everywhere, lists has been ridiculus 4 days camp for ie manastone.

Feels like release again...

Our group that plays together now lacks motivation to log in [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-20-2020, 04:11 PM
Aviak

Im really, really hoping that the powers that be are going to take this feedback into consideration and do something other than let numbers dwindle down because of how awful everything is. Its better to separate the community into two servers until more content is released; than to alienate half of the community because they lose interest in the current state of things.
Old 01-20-2020, 05:25 PM
Sarnak

Perhaps the powers to be should allow people on Green to (one way) transfer to Blue. Granted, you would miss out on the new events as they roll out through Green, but if you have enough willpower to avoid the expansion areas, the planes, the tunnel, etc., until they are officially released while intentionally restricting yourself to certain items and spells, at least you and your group can still camp areas in the old world without too much crowding.

Just a thought.
Old 01-20-2020, 08:02 PM
Large Rat

It doesn't appear the staff cares much about how this ruined the experience for hundreds of players. It seems a bit of a case of the staff being megalomaniacs. Start a server so people can play, implement ideas and guidelines for folks to be nice and play well together while enjoying the EQ experience. Then out of nowhere, turn things on its head without warning, or time to prepare. Creating a new environment where getting things done is close to impossible. XP zones over camped. List mobs with waiting list days deep full of people. And more than likely, the staff will never acknowledge they may have acted too hastily or in a disrespectful manner to the community they claim to serve.
Old 01-20-2020, 09:56 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Thank you for the patch.

Thank you for the merger.

We didn't expect it so soon.

But we also didn't expect to have such an amazing experience.

Without the hard work of you devs I'd be miserably playing some wonky ass game(s).

But instead I'm exploring my old Norrath.

Thank you for the countless hours you spent recreating and setting the stage for a classic experience.

Thank you for bringing back East Commonlands as our market hub.

Thank you for revamping the boat system.

Thank you for making porters relevant again.

Thank you for balancing the game and creating another server to keep things level.

Thank you for promising a classic progressive experience that will take years.

Thank you for sacrificing family and personal life and doing this for free.

Thank you for being the true fans of Classic EverQuest.

To our wonderful devs, we /salute you.

/thank

PS: Nothing will ever be perfect. You will NEVER please us all. But the Norrath I explore with friends today, is more challenging and adventurous than I could ever fathom. Take the criticism, advice, and compliments but NEVER get discouraged. We truly support you and understand that EQ Classic would be dead without you.
Last edited by eurekaent; 01-20-2020 at 10:03 PM..
Old 01-21-2020, 12:06 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamal2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
drama aside, it doesnt mean he is wrong about it being a bad decision

i say this only because i dont see any benefits to it and i see only negatives and you did it without warning or explaination

i can see where he is coming from tbh, but again, feelings are one thing and the decision being good or bad is another is what im trying to say
Thank you staff and devs

Do not take the sniveling too hard

I understand why the servers were merged, Green was supposed to be one server and the combined population is now what is was expected to be from the get go
Old 01-21-2020, 12:45 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menenolly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm only annoyed that I have to reset all my UI boxes, so just a minor annoyance.
Easy fix here, you just find the UI files with your CharacternameTeal and change it to CharacternameGreen! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 01-21-2020, 02:25 AM
Banned

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenDerisgreat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Im really, really hoping that the powers that be are going to take this feedback into consideration and do something other than let numbers dwindle down because of how awful everything is. Its better to separate the community into two servers until more content is released; than to alienate half of the community because they lose interest in the current state of things.
Is the entirety of Kerra Isle, Toxxulia Forest, Erud's crossing, Qeynos Hills, QCats, WK, NK, EK, Gorge, Runnyeye, Splitpaw, Lake Rathe, Rathe Mountains, Feerrott, Temple of Cazic Thule, Highpass, Misty, Kithicor Forest, Commonlands, Befallen, Nektulos, North Ro, South Ro, Innothule swamp, Oasis, Lavastorm, Najena, Ocean of Tears, Butcherblock Mountains, Greater Faydark, Lesser Faydark, Dagnor's Cauldron, Unrest, Kedge Keep, Mistmoore, Steamfont Mountains - Were the entirety of these zones camped when you decided to give up? That list doen't even include all the cities with guards that are worth good exp and money drops.

Your point is kinda moot because never even 1/3 of all the mobs and camps in these zones are ever all taken on Green99(merged). Go on adventures(quests) and you'll find there are many many places you can have some fun and still gain pixels (exp and money).
Old 01-21-2020, 02:28 AM
Planar Protector

Classic ZEMs have been researched and acknowledged. I wonder if they're now in and people just haven't realized yet? I'd laugh so hard. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-21-2020, 02:30 AM
Kobold

Apologies if this has already been answered but I have been looking around for a few hours. Roughly when can we expect the fear patch?

Thanks!
Closed Thread