Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2019, 02:11 PM
Aviak

Default Any "Good" Shaman guides?

I know that there is a nice guide for evil shaman out there but was wondering if there is one for us good guys?
Old 11-27-2019, 02:40 PM
Planar Protector

Can level 1-50 in Everfrost, Black burrow, and Permafrost, and never be more than 2 zones from Halas
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 11-27-2019, 04:50 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can level 1-50 in Everfrost, Black burrow, and Permafrost, and never be more than 2 zones from Halas
Thanks for that. I'm not sure if that is the most efficient or fun way to do it though. Back in 2000 on live servers I leveled a Shaman to the high 30s and did a large part of my leveling in those areas that you mention. I was hoping for maybe a detailed guide. Maybe you are correct though and that's the best way to go. I well still have to figure out what to fight, and when, as all of that has escaped my memory. I have forgotten SO much about this game.
Old 12-16-2019, 04:06 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i dont believe this at all. I would love to see a more detail layout.
Old 12-16-2019, 04:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMachine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i dont believe this at all. I would love to see a more detail layout.
Don't need many details. Noob stuff, then blackburrow and gnoll fang turnins gets you into the 20s. Mammoths can get you up to 34 probably. Or you can be in permafrost before 20 and level there all the way to 50, starting at entrance and moving deeper in on goblins as you level up until eventually being low 40s from honor guards/king/zahorn area. After that, depending on class and solo/duo/group, you can do the spider/bear/wolf pit in perma or the ice giants outside of perma all the way to 50. Once Kunark hits, you can go the rest of the way to 60 there also.

Specifically as a shaman, this would be hard to do solo imo. Perma isn't very forgiving for a solo without twinking because you don't have the hp and mp to survive breaking 3-5 mob spawns up, and most spawns come in groups like that. And ice giants or permafrost pit would be very tough to deal with with only level 44 spells.

If you throw in a good partner with the sham (like a necro, chanter, mage, druid, even another sham) it gets a lot more realistic and even efficient to do this. No running all around looking for groups or travelling significant distances to bank or buy spells, etc. Perma has a small ZEM bonus and a fair amount of loot a shaman would want. There's lots of vendor junk in the zone to make plat on even before you kill the giants. Etc.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 12-16-2019 at 04:35 PM..
Old 12-16-2019, 05:45 PM
Planar Protector

Leopards, polar bears, icy orcs and mammoth calfs are good. There is a bit of a gap before you can do mammoths so easily, that can be slowly done in permafrost though. Expect a lot of resets.

Some groups of goblins can be broken by dragging or pushing a green across a corner. If done right only mobs that see the green will assist it; the new aggro won't call assist themselves.
Old 12-16-2019, 05:53 PM
Planar Protector

Follow the link in my signature for the Per-Level Hunting Guide, then click the Shaman filter. You're welcome [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This actually works with any soloing class, but it works best for Shaman because I'm a Shaman player myself, and when I first started compiling the guide I focused most on Shaman-specific spots.

At this point it now has hundreds of spots (271 at last count), for every class ... but it still has more Shaman spots than most/all other classes.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 12-17-2019, 07:09 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Follow the link in my signature for the Per-Level Hunting Guide, then click the Shaman filter. You're welcome [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This actually works with any soloing class, but it works best for Shaman because I'm a Shaman player myself, and when I first started compiling the guide I focused most on Shaman-specific spots.

At this point it now has hundreds of spots (271 at last count), for every class ... but it still has more Shaman spots than most/all other classes.
I appreciate that guide. I have tried some of these spots and level 16 as a Shaman and man these levels are hard. Everything takes me down to very little health and mana. It is a long recovery between every single fight. I'm beginning to wonder of I'm doing something wrong.
Old 12-17-2019, 08:38 AM
Fire Giant

It’s called being untwinked[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] With no moving dot reduction can take advantage of that as a sowed shammy. Full speed kite. No mana needed for roots.
Old 12-17-2019, 09:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velerin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It’s called being untwinked[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] With no moving dot reduction can take advantage of that as a sowed shammy. Full speed kite. No mana needed for roots.
Eh. Unless you're like, kiting one mob towards the next you're going to pull, or you're going high effort and sitting briefly for med ticks while kiting, the mana you "save" on roots is probably a wash at best compared to the mana you "lose" by not sitting and medding as much.
Closed Thread