Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-02-2019, 04:09 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default IP exemption?

I'm currently getting a 1017 error when trying to connect up with the project 1999 blue server. I can play on red but I'm unable to load up a character screen on blue... I played at work a few days ago and never have done that before. Now I'm wondering if this could be causing an IP issue that is not letting me play the game? I never boxed or anything I just simply logged in at work.

Cazrax --------- 57 Shaman Iksar *Main
Old 02-02-2019, 04:11 PM
Kobold

Nah, it just started happening to me too.
Old 02-02-2019, 04:14 PM
Aviak

This problem happens almost daily. Sometimes it's just a 20 minute window where no one can connect. Other times, I've seen it last as long as 6 hours. It's starting to look like a long one...
Old 02-03-2019, 09:28 PM
Orc

there is some sort of compatibility issue with this server that has never been fixed. what worked for me was underclocking my cpu to 4.2 GHz, worked for months but for some reason after i installed windows 10 a couple days ago my computer constantly crashes less than a minute after hitting the desktop and i had to default back to my 4.7 GHz. has been stable for over 3 days now instead of the 1 minute lockups i was having.

this topic talks about it as well https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=161971

it could just be affecting that one single CPU, as i have the exact same one he does but either way the game server is affected by it too. tried every and all troubleshooting method known in existence about 20 times to no avail, so for me personally, there is no fix, just a workaround. i will have to get my hands on a USB stick and make a second partition on my drive for windows 7 so the game will work again. that will have to wait for a month or so though.

until then, the game cannot be launched. would be nice if i could ask one of the support devs what is going on.