Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2019, 12:48 AM
Planar Protector

The_Ogre has been quarantined due to undue racism and supremacist views.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me [Rogean] or Nilbog.
Old 09-29-2019, 01:37 AM
Fire Giant

ok so, how come everyone is puttin FSI ahead troll regen for a shaman? plz develop, is there something high-end i am missing?

i mean, i am a troll shaman and i cant recall dieing cos of being stuned, maybe theres a borderline moment but if u do things properly it shouldnt happen so HP regen as a shaman isnt much more valuable?
Old 09-29-2019, 02:31 AM
Aviak

FSI is perceived as better because you can't get it on any other class or race combo.

Regen is amazing but there's equipment and spells that give anyone regen.

I would argue that the innorokk disciple amulet is more valuable to a troll shaman than racial regen. It Grant's a spell that shamans can't normally get, and it's a pretty useful spell for them to be able to access.
Old 09-29-2019, 02:57 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No.

NO.

Fractions of a percent are IMPORTANT
*situational uses of fractions of a percent SUPERCEDE ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING

Your children's smile? Not quite as bright as that other kid's.

Setting a new PB at the gym? That one guy over did 5 lbs more, what a piece of shit you are.

Taking breaths in a shallow, quick way as opposed to deeply every few seconds? Get the fuck off this planet, idiot.
Old 09-29-2019, 03:02 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FSI is perceived as better because you can't get it on any other class or race combo.

Regen is amazing but there's equipment and spells that give anyone regen.

I would argue that the innorokk disciple amulet is more valuable to a troll shaman than racial regen. It Grant's a spell that shamans can't normally get, and it's a pretty useful spell for them to be able to access.

well, still thinking than having as much HP regen as u can just makes ur downtime shorter and u can be killing faster, even attempt some fights where u are close since u can cani + sit and regen. for me is def a no brainer speak about FSI over natural HP regen.
Old 09-29-2019, 03:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ogre is best for all three equally because the major thing Ogre does is boost the confidence of players who're otherwise a little unsure of themselves. Its advantage is more mental than anything else. There is absolutely no content an Ogre can do that an otherwise equivalent non-Ogre cannot. Player race is undoubtedly the most overthought thing within this community. Pick what looks the best.

Danth
this but for gear instead of race
Old 09-29-2019, 04:02 AM
Planar Protector

It depends a bit on the time frame you are looking at and whether or not you are considering purely solo or group potential. Are they of equal importance or not? Like I think trolls were comprehensively better than ogres in the vanilla era if you cared significantly about soloing. Even grouping in the case of the shaman, too.
Old 09-29-2019, 06:37 AM
Planar Protector

I was going to say berserker but after some thought i think it is actually beastlord.
Old 09-29-2019, 06:43 AM
Aviak

The SK will solo much better than the Warrior and the SK is the superior group tank by a large margin, at least during Classic and Kunark. Unless your long term goal is being a main raid tank the decision really boils down to SK vs Shaman.

Edit: Of course there is the hybrid XP penalty. But as a Cleric I know that a hybrid tank - including Ranger, at least pre Velious - will make it easier for me to keep everybody alive.
Last edited by Chryorn; 09-29-2019 at 06:58 AM..
Old 09-29-2019, 09:51 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chryorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The SK will solo much better than the Warrior and the SK is the superior group tank by a large margin, at least during Classic and Kunark. Unless your long term goal is being a main raid tank the decision really boils down to SK vs Shaman.

Edit: Of course there is the hybrid XP penalty. But as a Cleric I know that a hybrid tank - including Ranger, at least pre Velious - will make it easier for me to keep everybody alive.
As long as people allow the warrior a few swings to establish aggro or root the mob to solve aggro problems, you shouldn't really have any trouble keeping people alive with a warrior as your tank in group settings. And whether you like it or not, you'll probably see us more often than you see SKs. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread