Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 09:08 PM
Fire Giant

Timing...is everything.
Old 12-19-2013, 09:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was thinking to myself the other day and I came to ask myself.. Are we providing this server to give people the arena to compete to such bitter extremes that it has resorted to taking every absolute measure to be victorious, or are we here to provide a classic Everquest experience for everyone to enjoy?
Yes! Very glad to read this. The 'Lord of the Flies' type endgame that we have on this server has been a source of constant frustration to me ever since my short sojourn in Vesica Dei. I don't even think you can put all of the blame on TMO: pretty much everyone on the server plays hardball at various times - just watch a few Ragefire kills. If you don't, you get left behind.

So while I fully support your efforts to change the culture of the server, I think you will get far more mileage out of changes to address the huge overcrowding at the high end than telling people to play nice. Velious will not be enough, because a whole gagglefuck of people will return. Some combination of the following would be fantastic:
  • Simultaneous Repops, spreading players out during boss mob fights
  • Tokens, allowing people to 'just enjoy classic Everquest'
  • Ban trains in VP
  • Reduce repop times on certain mobs (for example, all of hate/fear/sky repopping every 6 hours instead of 8/12/etc would be great)
  • Encourage people to delete alt accounts of their own volition, by giving deleters guises or illusion stuff or whatever
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 12-19-2013, 09:12 PM
Planar Protector

I really appreciate the staff's efforts and sentiment, but I think TMO needs to be disbanded and the individual characters all banned. Otherwise they will just PL their banned comrades back up in a matter of days. I think the 90% of the server that is not them will not miss them at all.
Old 12-19-2013, 09:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Starting today and then evaluated when Velious is released the CSR staff will be keeping track of how the raid guilds are treating eachother. If we do not see a significant improvement in the behavior of the raiding guilds and how they treat eachother, Velious will be released without raid content. To be clear, we want an enjoyable raid scene for everyone, not just one or two guilds. This means working together to figure out a compromise when racing for mobs, and working with smaller guilds to let them have a chance at mobs you don't absolutely need for gearing main characters.
this could be the end of RnF as we know it
Old 12-19-2013, 09:13 PM
Planar Protector

Wow this is just unreal, i just told my wife to stfu because i was reading OP
Old 12-19-2013, 09:15 PM
Kobold

Cant say im surprised. I was on Fenin back in the day when the big guild was Seekers of Norrath. There were nothing BUT cheats and plat dupers in this guild. Well, ok, a few actual nice players but too rare. After Fenin split and Druzzil Ro was born, most of SoN left for fresh hunting grounds. TMO came up and became dominant guild on Fenin absorbing the few Seekers that remained. Guess some things never change.
Old 12-19-2013, 09:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itap [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Winning.
Old 12-19-2013, 09:17 PM
Kobold

POOR POOR TMO (Variety)
Old 12-19-2013, 09:18 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itap [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You have become better at Marriage! (4)
Old 12-19-2013, 09:18 PM
Aviak

that was a big ass ban hammer
Closed Thread