Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 03:51 PM
Orc

Sit agro is now set WAY too high
Old 02-23-2014, 03:59 PM
Large Rat

A wizard ran by me spamming debuff on his quad and I was attacked immediately as the mobs ran by due to sitting. I had just logged in and sat down, never buffed him or engaged his mobs.

As others have stated, sitting agro is entirely too high.
Old 02-23-2014, 04:02 PM
Sarnak

Sit agro is pretty much fine, the issue is that players get added to the hate list for sitting, and then they get bonus agro for sitting and mobs attack them. Mobs that have someone on their hate list shouldn't add more people just due to proximity, sitting or not (exception being some undead, and the undead of unrest did not act like normal world undead)

This also makes pulling and training people much easier
Old 02-23-2014, 04:13 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quineloe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sit agro is pretty much fine, the issue is that players get added to the hate list for sitting, and then they get bonus agro for sitting and mobs attack them. Mobs that have someone on their hate list shouldn't add more people just due to proximity, sitting or not (exception being some undead, and the undead of unrest did not act like normal world undead)

This also makes pulling and training people much easier

This is very incorrect don't listen to this . The amount cleary is also way too high . In a group , we tested a warrior taunting and doing over 50% damage to mobs . Anyone sitting is able to pull agro away .
Last edited by hernathil; 02-23-2014 at 04:19 PM..
Old 02-23-2014, 04:13 PM
Planar Protector

I keep getting "error in your GUI XML files" what am i doing wrong?
[XX Rogue] Hailto (Half-Elf)
Red:
[21 Wizard] Hailto (Dark-Elf)
Old 02-23-2014, 04:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernathil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is very incorrect don't listen to this . The amount cleary also way to high . In a group , we tested a warrior taunting and doing over 50% damage to mobs . Anyone sitting is able to pull agro away .
Yeah further playing leads me to believe both parts are broken. Adding to hate list and sit agro.
Old 02-23-2014, 04:23 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernathil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is very incorrect don't listen to this . The amount cleary is also way too high . In a group , we tested a warrior taunting and doing over 50% damage to mobs . Anyone sitting is able to pull agro away .
What level is the group? What level is the warrior? What weapons is he using? is he begging/sitting himself to boost his agro? I remember the first warrior I ever saw that could hold some agro from the group. It was in solb at 40+ and he had 2 yaks. It was still sketchy with him sitting/begging/taunting.

I also remember sitting down in the wrong spot when someone was kiting a sand giant in oasis and the giant stopped chasing him to nail me into the ground.
Old 02-23-2014, 04:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alunova [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What level is the group? What level is the warrior? What weapons is he using? is he begging/sitting himself to boost his agro? I remember the first warrior I ever saw that could hold some agro from the group. It was in solb at 40+ and he had 2 yaks. It was still sketchy with him sitting/begging/taunting.

I also remember sitting down in the wrong spot when someone was kiting a sand giant in oasis and the giant stopped chasing him to nail me into the ground.
I've re-charmed the same mob about 10 times now, every time charm breaks the mob ignores me and hits all of my group mates that are sitting. I strongly do not believe this is how it should work. Sitting should not pull more aggro than someone who has done so much to a mob.
Old 02-23-2014, 04:30 PM
Planar Protector

Did Troll guards get nerfed?
Old 02-23-2014, 04:31 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So this sitting aggro change makes it essentially required to perma-root mobs now while your pet is tanking if you want to med at all.

Awesome.
I will work on giving pets a bump to compensate.

H
Closed Thread