Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 07:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerBladeImmortal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What about the other 9/10th, also you do realize not everyone is from the US right? Not everyone plays while Rogean feels like showing off his admin powahs.

Today we only had about 1/1000th of the server in EC at a time just now.

But it's cool, go feel like a big guy in EC tunnel, just spare a thought for the new beginner running around in karanas in complete isolation.

WHAT A BLAST HE'S HAVING!
That is how it was in classic.

If you cannot wrap your head around this, then just quit. Delete your account. Stop whining and bitching about it on the forum.

You've made it very clear, in multiple threads, that you are strongly against making this server as classic as possible.

Do you get on buses that are intended for one location and bitch and complain to try and get them to go somewhere else?

Do you frequently go to womens clothing stores and cry about them not having mens clothing?

I cannot understand how anyone knowingly signs up for a CLASSIC SERVER, and yet complains when CLASSIC FEATURES are implemented.

I for one am very happy to see EC return, and welcome it with open arms. Part of the Everquest feeling WAS the seclusion. Being a lone adventurer in an empty zone meant if you died, you were essentially fucked. Risk vs reward at its best.

Quit QQ'ing and move on if this server doesn't fit your needs.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:14 AM
Orc

Talking

Hey KillerBladeImmortal...

Can I Have Your Stuff when you ragequit?
Old 05-24-2010, 08:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If you cannot wrap your head around this, then just quit. Delete your account. Stop whining and bitching about it on the forum.

You've made it very clear, in multiple threads, that you are strongly against making this server as classic as possible.

Do you get on buses that are intended for one location and bitch and complain to try and get them to go somewhere else?

Do you frequently go to womens clothing stores and cry about them not having mens clothing?

I cannot understand how anyone knowingly signs up for a CLASSIC SERVER, and yet complains when CLASSIC FEATURES are implemented.

I for one am very happy to see EC return, and welcome it with open arms. Part of the Everquest feeling WAS the seclusion. Being a lone adventurer in an empty zone meant if you died, you were essentially fucked. Risk vs reward at its best.

I'm not playing anymore, I moved on already.

Just because something was 'classic' doesn't equal awesomeness, classic was classic because there wasn't anything before it. Generally humans try to evolve for the better, not the worse. Going forward, not backwards etc...

Do you even realize that 90% of the zones are completely dead, doesnt matter if you're a lone adventurer, traveling, questing, tradeskilling, exploring WHATEVER...

IT'S COMPLETELY DEAD, YOU COULD HEAR A PLAT COIN DROP FROM ACROSS THE KARANAS.

Oh wait, we now have EC together with oasis, guk and solb. Sheer coolness awaits.

But enjoy it for what it is, a complete waste of time. But hey atleast you can sit afk in EC and feel all warm and fuzzy. Screw mass communication, we got seclusion dammit <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerrik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey KillerBladeImmortal...

Can I Have Your Stuff when you ragequit?
No sorry, this server can't even motivate me enough to move my main to EC(which was dead quiet/boring/wasteland btw)

Pacman classic grand finals is on anyway, it's the bomb.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:04 AM
Kobold

couldn't agree more immortal
Old 05-24-2010, 09:18 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Duo Boxing was classic as well. Do you support that? Because no where in Original EQs server ToS did it say you could not. Only reason you didnt in Classic was because most people didnt have 2 machines to do so. Now most people do.

So logically if 50% of the population supported this change then they should have no reason to say NO to dual boxing (ironic since now that its harder to get groups you have to make your own..or maybe poetic coincidence).
Old 05-24-2010, 09:35 AM
Sarnak

it cant be explanied more in detail . this is Classic as it was 99 /00 with all pros and cons . the devs try to mirror THAT (CLASSIC !!!) experience . if you dont like it that way GET LOST . that easy . if you want to play with only the advantages and no disadvantages go make yourself an own server . noone is pushed to play on this FREE server . you cant stand the zone sitations as it was in classic and is now again ? then GET LOST . and if you already moved to another server why are you still bitching around ? make a cut and just go .

i still cant understand why ppl say they quit on this server (deleted their toons /gave away passwords etc) and still come back bitching around on the forums ? dont have a life ? if i dont care about something i dont post 20 times that i dont care . just lol ...
Last edited by Yinaltin; 05-24-2010 at 09:39 AM..
Old 05-24-2010, 09:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thac0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Duo Boxing was classic as well. Do you support that? Because no where in Original EQs server ToS did it say you could not. Only reason you didnt in Classic was because most people didnt have 2 machines to do so. Now most people do.

So logically if 50% of the population supported this change then they should have no reason to say NO to dual boxing (ironic since now that its harder to get groups you have to make your own..or maybe poetic coincidence).
That has nothing to do with anything.

The fact is simple, they stated what they wanted to do with this server and what direction they were going with it. They said from the start, no boxing. They said from the start that they would work to get it as close to classic as possible.

If you joined up -knowing the above- then you really have no place to whine and bitch about any changes made that fit their original plan.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:05 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thac0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you didnt in Classic
These are the most important words in your argument that boxing was classic. It wasn't. Boxing was VERY RARE in classic AS YOU SAID. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Today boxing would be VERY COMMON if it were allowed, thus it does not equate to classic at all.

Thank you, drive through.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:11 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerBladeImmortal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
QQ
Can I have your stuff?
Old 05-24-2010, 10:14 AM
Aviak

Had a BLAST in EC yesterday. I have to say that I have really enjoyed the last few weeks since i started on P99 and last night was the icing on the cake. I made the long journey from G-Fay to East Commons and I was so happy that I did.

EC brought back the whole spirit of classic EQ to me, with people helping one another and sharing good times last night. I am very glad this was put back in. And I am just counting the minutes til I can get back in tonight (darn work!)

Thank you Devs!
Dawrit 12 Druid of Project1999
Closed Thread