Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2018, 04:26 PM
Orc

This ranger has been sick. Just dinged 7. Been leading a group in CB, pulling and dps. I like pulling and controlling the flow of a group.
Old 11-14-2018, 04:29 PM
Planar Protector

Oh cool, didn't realize you had started a ranger. Shoulda read more of the thread [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

They are great classes. Can solo to 50 easily if you get tired of grouping by snare/fearing animals. After that it's a bit difficult A tolan's bracer can help ya solo fairly painlessly to mid 50's (I did guards in Grobb). After that...hmm...yea it definitely will slow down.

Having a class that can cast sow is awesome. Being able to snare and root stuff chasing you makes for a pretty durable class so long as you know when to start running. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Old 11-15-2018, 10:46 AM
Sarnak

Ranger is a great (and under rated) class.
Old 11-15-2018, 11:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh cool, didn't realize you had started a ranger. Shoulda read more of the thread [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

They are great classes. Can solo to 50 easily if you get tired of grouping by snare/fearing animals. After that it's a bit difficult A tolan's bracer can help ya solo fairly painlessly to mid 50's (I did guards in Grobb). After that...hmm...yea it definitely will slow down.

Having a class that can cast sow is awesome. Being able to snare and root stuff chasing you makes for a pretty durable class so long as you know when to start running. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
I did 50 to 51 on Tigers in OT on my Ranger.

I'm not twinked, fwiw
Old 11-15-2018, 11:30 AM
Banned

You shouldn't be trying to charm solo on a low level chanter with no gear. Find some groups and play crowd control and extra dps. You can start charming once you're in your 20s with a little bit of cheap charisma gear.
Old 11-15-2018, 11:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomaroast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You shouldn't be trying to charm solo on a low level chanter with no gear. Find some groups and play crowd control and extra dps. You can start charming once you're in your 20s with a little bit of cheap charisma gear.
The effects of Charisma on charm duration is minimal. Maybe 10% at best. The only real factor that matters is level range between you and the mob. In the 20s there's a bigger range of what cons blue to you, so this makes a big difference. Along with having more mana/and breeze.
Old 11-15-2018, 12:03 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The effects of Charisma on charm duration is minimal. Maybe 10% at best. The only real factor that matters is level range between you and the mob. In the 20s there's a bigger range of what cons blue to you, so this makes a big difference. Along with having more mana/and breeze.
That's simply not true. CHA plays a huge role in charming, as does MR. The difference between a 100 CHA charm and a 200 CHA charm is immense.
Old 11-15-2018, 12:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruptcy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's simply not true. CHA plays a huge role in charming, as does MR. The difference between a 100 CHA charm and a 200 CHA charm is immense.
I’m not disputing the relevance of CHA. A chanter should be getting as much CHA as possible at least to 200 when cha effect on charm has diminishing returns. But level difference is still the most important and in the context of the OP, he may not be in a position to get to 200 cha and thus would see far more value in lower blues and MR.
Closed Thread