Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2018, 10:19 PM
Large Rat

Default Forgive my ignorance, but...

I have a few potential issues about installing my EQ Titanium Edition (discs x 5). First, I have a Windows 10 laptop with little to no lag using regular EQ. I'm missing all but three existing expansions and just came back to play after an 8 year time out from playing. P.S. my laptop got hacked a few months ago thanks in part to the June Windows 10 update. Ended up wiping the whole thing and reinstalling some of what I had before. The ram is 10 GB total and HD has over 800 GB left to use, so that's good.

I am really stoked about Project 1999, having seen fine examples of it on YouTube. I came back to EQ to find that most of my tradeskill supplies are tied up in eviction crates. I would have to put down real money to buy the kind of funds required to "buy back" or recover those crates. Too bad they don't accept platinum or doubloons; got 'em!

I digress. I know I'll be starting from scratch anyhoo. I just don't want to do the installation wrong. Windows 10 (to me) is possibly the worst version I've experienced as yet. Any thoughts would be helpful and I hope to help others who may have to get close to pulling what little hair they have left, out. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-15-2018, 06:45 AM
Decaying Skeleton

No advice on Win 10, but I found my firewalls / anti-virus software to take some effort to get through. With that in mind, those like to blow away dsetup.dll so I learned to keep a backup copy of it that I call dsetup.0ll in a different directory. That way, I can just copy and rename it instead of having to do a complete reinstall.

With the firewall, when it blocks EQ99, just open the block log and find the switch that allows it to run. That is the easiest way to get through the firewall issues after you first to the basics of not blocking certain directories and urls.

Make sure to read through all the installation tips.
Old 11-15-2018, 07:09 AM
Sarnak

Are you looking for advice on signing in to P99? Because it sounds like you installed titanium through the discs and logged on to the live servers. You need to change the EQ host file. In order to log into the Emu servers. There's plenty of links and helpful hints in the getting started thread.

The number one rule of the server is do not use real money transactions, you may find them online but if you do buy Platinum. You will be banned. Second biggest rule is do not two box.

And after reading your post I'd assume you've never tried Windows Vista, IMO that was the worst
Old 11-16-2018, 01:07 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbeta [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you looking for advice on signing in to P99? Because it sounds like you installed titanium through the discs and logged on to the live servers. You need to change the EQ host file. In order to log into the Emu servers. There's plenty of links and helpful hints in the getting started thread.

The number one rule of the server is do not use real money transactions, you may find them online but if you do buy Platinum. You will be banned. Second biggest rule is do not two box.

And after reading your post I'd assume you've never tried Windows Vista, IMO that was the worst
Actually, I haven't inserted the discs yet. Thanks for the info. The things that could be purchased are on the regular Everquest game, those silly rewards of 500 points you can get for paying real money to play, OR you can add real money funds to that marketplace to purchase more points to use. I used to pay to play, but stopped once my things weren't selling in the bazaar any longer. I made quite a "profit" in the day from trade skilling, oh well.

I wouldn't dream of "buying plat" and I've already read the rules. I've never sold my account items (like Howard Wolowitz did on Big Bang), and I've never purchased items with real money. I did find out the hard way that those eviction crates found on merchants were empty; only took one of the five tokens of reclamation to figure that out. Big duh on my part. Since those tokens are expensive and limited to what they can do, I wish they were not no trade.

Anyway... enough said about old Everquest. Project 1999 is different and doesn't have all that mess, I'm assuming. I'm just inexperienced when it comes to looking around for files in Windows 10.
Old 11-17-2018, 12:17 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbeta [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You clearly never experienced Windows ME...
Old 11-17-2018, 12:32 PM
Sarnak

Your post is confusing as to what you want advice for.

Basically you can run P99 on a potato.

And yes, IMO, current EQ, including the progression servers, are garbage.

Welcome to Project1999, the best classic EQ experience you can get in the modern era, albeit still a far-cry from classic. It’s still almost as addicting once you get involved, play responsibly.
Old 11-17-2018, 12:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Basically you can run P99 on a potato.
Been trynna do this but I think my setup is wrong. Do I mash it first? Its boiled of course.
Old 11-17-2018, 12:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Been trynna do this but I think my setup is wrong. Do I mash it first? Its boiled of course.
I think you have to mash it first, then you can make it look like a cloud. Then you have a SaaS based game client.
Old 11-17-2018, 10:36 PM
Large Rat

French fried please. I'm in the game now and have learned how very nice peeps are in game. Thanks for your help all.
Old 11-18-2018, 04:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You clearly never experienced Windows ME...
Linus? https://youtu.be/TLgRryt2ZtE. Lol