Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2018, 11:10 AM
Planar Protector

The underwater thing is classic as hell at least.
Old 11-13-2018, 11:11 AM
Kobold

I noticed this getting seb keys for people the other day. Tagged a frog and ran back to the EJ zoneline, waited around.. no frog. Thought to myself no way would p99 put leashing in.. Those pixel madness driven raid freaks have brought this on us, haven't they?!
Old 11-13-2018, 11:21 AM
Aviak

Like most, my memories are from 18 years ago and foggy at best, but I remember in KC having mobs flee and eventually would heal up to about... 35%? Then eventually return to take another beating and attempt to flee once more.
Old 11-13-2018, 11:37 AM
Planar Protector

Thanks for all the feedback! I will file a bug for this, and link to this thread for "evidence".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The underwater thing is classic as hell at least.
I don't remember it being like that. I remember it being really hard to stay close enough to melee a fleeing mob in the water, but if you actually managed to get yourself close enough when you attacked you were able to hit. And as far as casting goes, I remember being able to cast on something in the water if I was in the water, but not if I was on land.

Again, I think both might be because of that weird glitch where mobs appear to fall out of the sky constantly, because A) they're too far to hit, and B) they're out of the water when I try to cast on them (from in the water).

I do remember seeing glitch happen sometimes on live, but not to the extent that "every aqua goblin in Lake Rathe is impervious to all harm when fleeing in the lake". Still, before I file a bug for this, how do others remember attacking/casting on mobs in the water working?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 11-13-2018, 12:02 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't remember it being like that. I remember it being really hard to stay close enough to melee a fleeing mob in the water, but if you actually managed to get yourself close enough when you attacked you were able to hit. And as far as casting goes, I remember being able to cast on something in the water if I was in the water, but not if I was on land.
This is how I remember it too. Can't cast from land into water or vice versa, but I certainly remember being able to be in the water, within standard casting range, and able to pull mobs. Again... 18 year old memories, but I remember pulling (swimming) crocs in oasis while in the water from regular spell range and I also remember pulling mobs in KC moat from standard spell casting distance.
Old 11-13-2018, 03:38 PM
Kobold

I'll add to the confusion. I started on live in Sept of 2000. I remember old world mobs would chase you forever but Kunark mobs had 'lazy aggro'. If you got so far away they would give up chasing you but you would remain on their hate list. If you got within something that was like three times normal aggro range they would give chase again.

OK, I found a mention of it on this page from 2002:
Quote:
Lazy Aggro

In Kunark and Velious, if you are beyond a certain distance from a mob, it will lose interest and no longer pursue you, though will still maintain you on the hate list with an increased aggro radius.
http://youngsdojo.tripod.com/Pulling.html

On P99, lazy aggro seems to wipe the hate list.
Old 11-13-2018, 03:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by lctucker2999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is how I remember it too. Can't cast from land into water or vice versa, but I certainly remember being able to be in the water, within standard casting range, and able to pull mobs. Again... 18 year old memories, but I remember pulling (swimming) crocs in oasis while in the water from regular spell range and I also remember pulling mobs in KC moat from standard spell casting distance.
This is how I also remember it and how I interpreted the water "problem" in the original post. Water can cast on water, land on land, cant from one to other. I only played eq till luclin and it never changed as of me moving on. Maybe other xp changed it but I dont even know what the legendary "plane of knowledge" even looks like so all my Eq brains is in this era.
Old 11-13-2018, 03:55 PM
Fire Giant

we can talk about this all we want and it wont do any good without any proof of what was classic and what isn't

Zekay 60 Torpor Shaman - <Guild>
Old 11-13-2018, 04:14 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Admittedly this is from 2004:

Quote:
In a way some mobs do give up if you get far enough away but you will stay on there hate list and as soon as you get in chase range again they come after you.

ARCHIVED-Nastar_Shadowsoul, Mar 4, 2004
https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/...e-chase.28270/

Could the issue have been that the mob simply just got too far away from you, not necessarily from the spawn or pull point, and then de-aggroed?
Closed Thread