Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Do you live in one of America's inner cities?
Yes, I live in a but I got inner city 41 18.55%
Yes, I live in a crime infested inner city 35 15.84%
Yes, I live in a burning crime infested inner city 33 14.93%
Bush burned the crime infested towers 153 69.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 03:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actively crippling the economy of a country whose people you're trying to keep from emigrating. Fucking brilliant.
If they can't live without our millions in aid and working illegalally getting paid in cash while using wic and ebt and mailing the cash back. Then yes cut them off and let them cripple I care about my country they should too.
Old 01-27-2017, 04:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fasttimes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If they can't live without our millions in aid and working illegalally getting paid in cash while using wic and ebt and mailing the cash back. Then yes cut them off and let them cripple I care about my country they should too.
I agree fasttimes.

@pokesan
In the end, other markets and economies need to sort themselves out, unless we just govern them directly. Or we are just wasting effort fighting the inevitability of human behavior without providing a real solution. That does give some ppl on both sides riches and power, it's doomed to implode though. Enabling the constant jockeying for some kind of effective compromise between both strategies as people use it to vie for the top of the pyramid is completely insane and irrational.

America needs to make a definitive choice here and see it through until the Mexico can come to the table as a developed nation, or be rebuilt as an occupied territory(s). The occupation is not efficient, is expensive, and risky. We'd be better off controlling our trade and border and containing the problem militarily at this point.

It is also amoral to engage in an occupation with no chance of success. It will prolong the strife for both the aggressor and target. Our goal isn't to hurt them through attrition while simultaneously bleeding ourselves out.

They will change faster if they aren't fed. I think it's ok if we let Mexico and other nations duke it out if we pull out interests. We do need to be careful of other global powers though. Can't let China get a foothold in south America.

All bleeding eventually stops. We can't toss them bandaids either. They will just have enough time to produce more blood cells and keep bleeding. Consuming IV fluids and bandages until there's none left. I would triage them, they are a multiple times failed state, they got bled by cartels.

If our country or economy was stable and strong and could use the people, it would be prudent to legally immigrate people who want to be American and don't want little Mexico or to leach on, as they do sending our currency back.

That really does need to stop.
Last edited by maerilith; 01-27-2017 at 04:12 PM..
Old 01-27-2017, 04:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fasttimes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what to do about the sharply increased border crossings? do you find "hellfire drone swarms" a palatable solution?
Old 01-27-2017, 04:03 PM
Banned

I don't have the solution I'm not blind enough to ignore the problem tho. Catch and release isn't the solution either.
Old 01-27-2017, 04:04 PM
Banned

a DMZ and lethal force are literally the best option. if death from illegal crossing were 100% guaranteed overall suffering and life lost would be reduced and the objective achieved.

of course the political will does not exist but it is by far the best solution.
Old 01-27-2017, 04:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
I don't have the solution I'm not blind enough to ignore the problem tho. Catch and release isn't the solution either.
forcing mexico to pay for our wall CREATES a migrant crisis by ruining their economy.
Old 01-27-2017, 04:08 PM
Banned

There economy is ruins already. Still doesn't negate the fact that we need to secure ourselves and focus on us.
Old 01-27-2017, 04:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjerry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
a DMZ and lethal force are literally the best option. if death from illegal crossing were 100% guaranteed overall suffering and life lost would be reduced and the objective achieved.

of course the political will does not exist but it is by far the best solution.
brutal but you do at least understand and accept the consequences of your beliefs!
Old 01-27-2017, 04:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
There economy is ruins already. Still doesn't negate the fact that we need to secure ourselves and focus on us.
most illegals get here by overstaying visa, not border hopping. pointless wall.
Old 01-27-2017, 04:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
forcing mexico to pay for our wall CREATES a migrant crisis by ruining their economy.
it creates a "migrant crisis" for foreigners and nations that are too politically soft to protect their own existence. For Trump US it creates a useful target practice scenario for drone pilots and pilot/aerial image analysis AI experimentation, and development impetus for cheaply surveilling massive amounts of frontier -- just what we need to defend and loot from middle eastern oil wells at maximum profit.
Last edited by bigjerry; 01-27-2017 at 04:13 PM..
Closed Thread