Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2019, 03:25 PM
Planar Protector

Mage is definitely the best starting from nothing. People forget how brutal leveling in EQ is when you have zero twinking and no friends to help you. You're literally saving every copper for your first few levels just to buy bags. It's very rough. Even as a caster that requires no gear, spells can be quite expensive for new players. This is where Mages really shine. Not only do they need no gear, they hardly even need any spells. Just your pet, a nuke, burnout and DS is all you really need. Everything else you can put on the back burner until higher levels. This is the big difference between Mages and Necro in this regard. Many of the best Necro spells are Research only, while a Mage is guaranteed at least one new pet from a vendor every 4-5 levels.
Old 05-02-2019, 04:05 PM
Planar Protector

This also depend on how you want to play... If you want to group as example, pali and sk should not be at the bottom... You can easily tank group against twink rogues wearing banded and a 50p ec tunnel weapon up to lvl 30 or so... Now if you want to solo... That's possible but gear becomes way more important...
Old 05-02-2019, 04:10 PM
Large Rat

Woah did I spark some healthy debates? For green I'll probably roll a druid to make some money from ports and whatnot. Casters seem fun I could see them easily being best unfunded. Bard might take the cake though we will wait and see. I'll probably leave it to chance when the time comes.

EDIT: will also have to see what my friend rolls since that can seriously change playstyle. Shammy apparently is like one of the best class for duos. Might be mistaken.
Last edited by Kingmerciless; 05-02-2019 at 04:25 PM.. Reason: Adding some sentences. And typos
Old 05-02-2019, 04:11 PM
Planar Protector

Nybright sister camp day one of green /shivers
Old 05-02-2019, 05:39 PM
Kobold

Speaking of druids and ports, I wonder how the the green economy will handle port cost. You sure as hell aren't getting 1pp per level. With the exception of a handful of camps, making PP early on is very tough and every cent counts.

Speaking of nybright sisters, LFay is an outdoor zone. Hell, most good cash camps count as outdoors, for that matter. In outdoor zones, a "camp" is considered 1 mob. So 3 people (or maybe groups, since soloing isnt realistic for some classes untwinked), each with one sister. Yuuuuuck.
Old 05-02-2019, 05:45 PM
Banned

Lol all 4 is one camp
Old 05-02-2019, 06:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipity [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol all 4 is one camp
By player convention. But if players want to force whoever has camp to share they can, as per normal server rules on outdoor/non-dungeon zones.

Each player can only claim one spawn point. Rest are FTE.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-02-2019, 06:31 PM
Large Rat

Best class for group play since funds are low? I know those casters are probably still best since they are not gear reliant early.
Old 05-02-2019, 08:57 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipity [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol all 4 is one camp
That's how I see it, but that's not how the rules are written. A player could absolutely move in to take one of the spawns and the GMs would side with them. Potentially 4 people (or groups) with each taking one spawn. I absolutely wouldn't put it past people when green first launches and PP is extremely hard to come by.
Old 05-02-2019, 09:03 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingmerciless [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Best class for group play since funds are low? I know those casters are probably still best since they are not gear reliant early.
bard, cleric, enchanter... maybe shaman? crowd control and healing are crucial at any point, but especially with bad gear. I don't recall seeing haste and slow as often back when I played on Live in this era, but they should both be huge difference makers.
Closed Thread