Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 01-20-2020, 04:45 PM
Large Rat

I've been working on something similar, That being said... I'm doing a bit of photoshopping afterward processing, polishing up the look further

Some comparison shots of my work. I'm considering calling it "Rose HD" since im trying really hard not to change the original game's art.

Comparison for Ak'Anon
http://www.framecompare.com/screensh...rison/JM2BMNNU
http://www.framecompare.com/screensh...rison/JM2JJNNU

Basically Done with all Original NPCs (Only tweaking whenever i find an issue)
https://imgur.com/a/i9q7KIP
Old 01-20-2020, 07:39 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quylein [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This project is fun and I'm glad you like the work. I spent 3 days on Gfay and 3 on Freeport just to get them as perfect as I could.
Thank you for putting in the time to do that. A lot of people will have interest and find enjoyment from it.
Old 01-20-2020, 08:01 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quylein [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I plan on fixing all the issues here for OG content first, Sir J here upscale using Waifu or something IDK. But not Gigapixel and there are tons of problems. I'll be done with Faydwere today if all goes well.

Antonica, Erud, then Kunark are on my hit list by End of month. We'll see about Velious as this project takes dedication but I plan on doing all of them from Highres to Gigpixel 4x.

Checked out that project, it's basically the same process but he uses a few different ways to exchange png to dds, i use xconvert and haven't lost a transparency yet. Also i used that download earlier and most of that upscale is messed with by something other then just Gigapixel it looks almost cartoony. I'm attempting to keep things original.

As you can see Gfays bridge. I up scaled it x4 then x6, then used Gimp to fix the edge issues while maintaining transparency. Then i rescaled it down back to 1024x1024 changed back to DDS then uploaded. I did redo the whole Gfay file that was loaded here earlier as it was garbage by the highres standard (IMHO).
UPDATED Gigapixel Zones
So the links in Dropbox... Are ready to drag and drop or are you still editing? I'd love to load em in if they're ready. Also I'm assuming this is ZONE only content. I'm very happy with my uprezzed NPCS/Player Models o got from EqHD project so I don't want to overnight those by accident, just the zones.

Amazing work and thank you btw.
Old 01-20-2020, 10:50 PM
Aviak

They are all tested in most areas that are in Dropbox yes. Just its more of a pain open the download everquest folder then open the zone folder copy then paste into main P99 directory overwrite. If issues with area or npc monster I'll look into it. Once I'm done with classic zones I'll have it all in one zip.

I fixed the pink triangle use from the last lava storm last night.
I fixed butcher block shimmer at dock.
ALOT of the transparency Issues in the files to include the ones in highres and some in lowres.

This is only zone, objects and some characters per area in that zone. I use
Eqhd as well and this doesn't mess with those files.
Last edited by Quylein; 01-20-2020 at 10:56 PM..
Old 01-20-2020, 11:06 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Smile

Quote:
They are all tested in most areas that are in Dropbox yes. Just its more of a pain open the download everquest folder then open the zone folder copy then paste into main P99 directory overwrite. If issues with area or npc monster I'll look into it. Once I'm done with classic zones I'll have it all in one zip.

I fixed the pink triangle use from the last lava storm last night.
I fixed butcher block shimmer at dock.
ALOT of the transparency Issues in the files to include the ones in highres and some in lowres.

This is only zone, objects and some characters per area in that zone. I use
Eqhd as well and this doesn't mess with those files.
You are a God. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-21-2020, 12:03 AM
Large Rat

Oh man!

I did a neat thing with the water and experimented with a "mip trick"
by changing the water color, shifting the texture and timing for each mip map stage, you can eliminate the repeating texture and greatly improve water without breaking from the vanilla art style

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-21-2020, 12:20 AM
Aviak

Modestlaw

I've been doing water upgrades in all my zones but that is well be a separate download. I've finished almost all of classic zones but haven't uploaded them yet. I've also changed river water to give more of a flowing effect. The blues in water in keeping if it's blue, but less of a dark blue and more of a natural blue. Green stays green and so on.
Last edited by Quylein; 01-21-2020 at 12:24 AM..
Old 01-21-2020, 03:37 PM
Aviak

My updates have gone past what I can post to dropbox so I moved Zip files to my Google Drive.

I have also added a blue water exchange in all Classic zones, those are to be extracted to the main Project 1999 folder after the Highres_s3d 4k Files.

Hires_s3d 4K v1 Install this first it's 3GB unpacked into P99

Blue water exchange v1 Install this after 4K file it will exchange all blue water in zones posted so far. 300 mb file

I'm working on Solsek zones then i'll move to Ro Desert and keep moving west until Erud. I've attempted to keep most of the files intact from Highres_s3d but some files have had major issues. Either with upgrades or the files were problematic from the start. So I've used a few lowres_s3d files upscaled and touched up in gimp. If the Highres files took away an atmosphere the lowres files were used. i.e. Neriak was way less purple and many files were broken. I spent 3 days on Neriak a,b and c just to repair the atmosphere and files that were called incorrectly.

The Water files were exchanged because the blue and nauseating cycle hurts my eyes physically and mentally so OOT would of been a no go for me as I don't want to puke IRL. This is mostly not a joke.

before

after

I'd post better pictures but it's late and my brain hurts. Hope some of you get some enjoyment from the work. I'll keep updates as I go.
Last edited by Quylein; 01-21-2020 at 03:46 PM..
Old 06-15-2020, 02:52 PM
Sarnak

Is there a complete compilation of this somewhere? There are so many files in these 18 pages and a lot of the links are dead. It looks really nice and I'd like to try it.

edit: found some compilation on page 15, but the most recent files are down
Last edited by peterpal; 06-15-2020 at 02:55 PM..
Old 06-24-2020, 11:54 AM
Orc

I don't think most of the upgraded texture packs were finished, however Highres 4X HD on this wiki page is complete and looks great. It also has EQ Classic HD basically built in.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Visual_E...Other_Projects