Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 11:44 PM
Planar Protector

Default A more efficient way to solo as a lvl 30 Druid?

So right now when I solo all I am doing pretty much is Snare, Dot, Dot, Run and sit, then rinse/repeat until the mobs dead. Takes about 3-6mins per mob this way, and about 60-80% mana depending on fizz's and resists. Then another 5mins or so after medding back up. All that for one kill o.O

Am I doing something wrong? This feels so slow, and I thought Druid's were supposed to be amazing solo levelers? I know at level 34 I get a spell that will let me kill 4 things at once, but even then aren't all the area's to do that at pretty much camped by other people doing it?

Dunno, this just doesn't feel very efficient, should I be doing something differently?
Old 07-14-2010, 11:46 PM
Fire Giant

quadddd
Old 07-15-2010, 12:42 AM
Sarnak

yeh druids don't really become ridiculously efficient until 34 and quad kiting
Old 07-15-2010, 12:44 AM
Planar Protector

Are there many spots to quad kite at for leveling? Ive heard people saying something like theres only really 3 spots to do it well at, and there all usually camped so fighting for mobs is a pain and ends up being slow leveling anyway. Or is that not true?
Old 07-15-2010, 12:50 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by VincentVolaju [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are there many spots to quad kite at for leveling? Ive heard people saying something like theres only really 3 spots to do it well at, and there all usually camped so fighting for mobs is a pain and ends up being slow leveling anyway. Or is that not true?
During peak times it's definitely true. There are many more quadding spots in Kunark and Velious unfortunately.

I'd think about adding root to your snaring and dotting so you can spend more time sitting down. The amount of mana spent on root might be the same as the extra med you get from not running around, but it's still just more convenient.
Methlab - 50 Troll Shadow Knight
Kemba - 19 Monk
Old 07-15-2010, 02:15 AM
Sarnak

Try this,

Snare, stack all of your magic based dots and the then immolate. (should be like 3 or 4 dots at your level, total).

Run, but dont run far and then sit, instead, time your "sits' carefully so that they happen when your mana regenrates. If you can time this right, just click sit, then stand, and keep running. When you sit, would get full mana (like you were medding), and then just keep running.

This should give you some extra mana, so you can either start DD"ing, or youll have more mana at the end of the fight.
Old 07-15-2010, 03:51 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I'd think about adding root to your snaring and dotting so you can spend more time sitting down.
Root is counterproductive and unreliable IMO. You only need to sit at the tick to gain mana, slightly longer if there's server lag. You can time it with your dots ticks, the time it takes your character to produce the sound of 8 footsteps, or in your head if you've got metronome-like precision.

Immolate is incredibly inefficient and resisted often. Don't scoff at flame lick, it's got the damage to mana efficiency of your level 44 dot, which offsets its high resist rate to make it viable for added DPS. 4 more damage per tick for nearly no cost is better than nothing, or wasting a lot of mana because a blue mob resisted immolate 2-3x, which happens fairly often.

Take a look:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Karg@24

HG@24

IG@30

Seafury@30

Allizewsaur@39
Old 07-15-2010, 04:18 AM
Planar Protector

So your saying for now just use Stinging Swarm, Creeping Crud and Flame Lick? And ignore Immolate / Root?

I notice both Immolate / Root resist often, and root seems to break randomly too. Theres been a few times where I root then 2 seconds later it runs back at me, pretty annoying =/. Not to mention I fizz alot on Immo.

I was wondering, now that I am 30 I am gaining Specialize skills, someone in game told me I can get one of them to 50 and the rest under. What tree would you suggest I put points into?
Old 07-15-2010, 05:02 AM
Sarnak

One important thing to remember, root breaks snare. If you root, you have to snare again or you will have a pissed off mob moving double time to eat your spleen. Pile the dots on, keep the damn thing snared and sow on yourself. Should give you loads of time to med between recasting your spells. It isn't like they get give up and return to spawn once you get too far away.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:07 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKromwell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One important thing to remember, root breaks snare. If you root, you have to snare again or you will have a pissed off mob moving double time to eat your spleen. Pile the dots on, keep the damn thing snared and sow on yourself. Should give you loads of time to med between recasting your spells. It isn't like they get give up and return to spawn once you get too far away.
Root doesn't break snare
Methlab - 50 Troll Shadow Knight
Kemba - 19 Monk
Closed Thread