Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2019, 09:09 PM
Aviak

If you're willing to travel I'd suggest a lonely little place called Erud's Crossing. I stayed there from 8-22 as a magician. Plenty of stuff to solo and you can walk away with hundreds of plat.
Old 12-17-2019, 09:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidsky [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello Blue.

Just started playing this Gnome necro and so far I am having a blast! Met a few players that were very helpful and I'm glad that the server's community seems that helpful. Unfortunately it's been a while since I've played EQ and I literally forgot everything [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I would like to ask for some advices if possible like :

What's a good way to make a few coins? Can't afford spells at 6pp each at the moment.

What are some solo friendly spots for low 10's to early 20's?

Any others starter hints/tips would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

As a fellow gnome Necromancer this is what I did to get to lvl 22...

1-4: Newb Yard in Steamfont
4-15: Qeynos Hills/Blackburrow collecting and turning in Gnoll Teeth
15-21: Befallen at 2nd floor and Basement (down the well) --Will Score a Dagger of Marnak while here too. Nice 3 int 15 mana ranged item
21-22: Castle Mistmoore and Gargoyle Island in OOT

Also, is your surname going to be ScaringKids? cause that'd be a pretty dope /salute to the early 2000's Post Hardcore scene. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Last edited by Evia; 12-17-2019 at 09:40 PM..
Old 12-18-2019, 08:12 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by getlostgreg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're willing to travel I'd suggest a lonely little place called Erud's Crossing. I stayed there from 8-22 as a magician. Plenty of stuff to solo and you can walk away with hundreds of plat.
Nice one. I never been there before but will definitely check it out. Thanks!
Old 12-18-2019, 08:14 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a fellow gnome Necromancer this is what I did to get to lvl 22...

1-4: Newb Yard in Steamfont
4-15: Qeynos Hills/Blackburrow collecting and turning in Gnoll Teeth
15-21: Befallen at 2nd floor and Basement (down the well) --Will Score a Dagger of Marnak while here too. Nice 3 int 15 mana ranged item
21-22: Castle Mistmoore and Gargoyle Island in OOT

Also, is your surname going to be ScaringKids? cause that'd be a pretty dope /salute to the early 2000's Post Hardcore scene. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Befallen was a place I wanted to go but was afraid of trains and adds. ZEM is pretty sweet so I might give it a try.

And yes I intend to use ScaringKids [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Cheers mate!
Last edited by Liquidsky; 12-18-2019 at 08:19 AM..
Old 12-19-2019, 10:27 AM
Sarnak

Paineel guards from level 20-45.

Bar none the best and easiest money for a new player. Great xp. The guards do not have any faction hit and drop about 10 plat (in items) per kill. With faction you can bank and sell right there.

The guards are all different level ranges. They get higher in level the deeper you go, with the palace courtyard being the highest level (but there are also some low level guards there as well which you could easily solo away from the higher level guards). Other guards and non-merchant NPC's will aggro, but merchants do not. If you are careful its pretty easy to avoid any NPC/guard aggro. As an SK I was able to find many places to fearkite safely (even around the bank).

You will need to grind faction in Warrens (still good xp up to level 27 or so) if you dont have it, which if you are under level 20, would be perfect due to faction + best ZEM in the game. Once level 20 and enough faction, you can get your key move to Paineel.
Last edited by walfreyydo; 12-19-2019 at 10:36 AM..
Old 12-19-2019, 03:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by walfreyydo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Paineel guards from level 20-45.

Bar none the best and easiest money for a new player. Great xp. The guards do not have any faction hit and drop about 10 plat (in items) per kill. With faction you can bank and sell right there.
Do you know if a dark elf (Inny worshipping) necromancer is initially KOS there? That sounds like fun but it's a long run to find out everyone hates me (not that I'm not used to it...)

Zipps - 51 HLF Druid <Castle>
Lykosor - 49 DE Necro <Castle>
Aspom - 12 HEF Ranger <Castle>
Slyng - 31 HEF Bard <Castle>
Flecrad - 21 DE Enchanter <Castle>
Lykos - 43 HIE Mage <Castle>
Ribkage - 17 GNM Boneknight <Castle>
Old 12-21-2019, 07:32 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspomwell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you know if a dark elf (Inny worshipping) necromancer is initially KOS there? That sounds like fun but it's a long run to find out everyone hates me (not that I'm not used to it...)
Even if you are KOS, you are one zone away from where you can fix that! Just slaughter everything that moves in The Warrens for a few hours, and once you hit amiable with The Heretics, the guards will give you a key to get into Paineel, where you can bank/sell/slaughter your way to victory! :-)
Old 12-21-2019, 08:59 PM
Planar Protector

Gnomes make really interesting necros. Good luck on your adventure.

There's a 26 part series on youtube about how to be a good gnome: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=navv...iZpoOlUDnMNDif

you should do exactly all the opposite things though since you are evil.
Old 12-22-2019, 05:55 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gnomes make really interesting necros. Good luck on your adventure.

There's a 26 part series on youtube about how to be a good gnome: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=navv...iZpoOlUDnMNDif

you should do exactly all the opposite things though since you are evil.
Just finished the series. It was...interesting.