Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2019, 05:09 AM
Large Bat

Default Question about mage pet 34+

Sorry if its been answered already, couldnt find it

Playing a mage for the first time. really enjoying it even tho getting pets is not easy, I'm actually enjoying it.

I've been told that pets are broken at 34+. basically I was told at 34 you can only research Air and Fire pet and thats it, all the pets 39+ do not work at this point. Is it true?
Old 12-11-2019, 06:33 AM
Planar Protector

My understanding is that research is bugged and will be fixed pending patch. When that will be, I don't know.
Old 12-11-2019, 07:16 AM
Large Bat

ok thanks
Old 12-11-2019, 08:23 AM
Sarnak

In Rogean memories Shaman had de better pets and Shadowknight were pretty much the same str with pets than mage. Thats his «*classic*» memory
Old 12-11-2019, 09:28 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obrae [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In Rogean memories Shaman had de better pets and Shadowknight were pretty much the same str with pets than mage. Thats his «*classic*» memory
Sounds like you going to start your own emulator based on your memories then?
Old 12-11-2019, 09:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obrae [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not like this is very far-fetched. After all, despite being THE pet class in the game, mages don't even get a pet at 1. It's not exactly a leap from "the original eq devs were dumb enough to not give the number one pet class in the game that's totally reliant on pets for everything a pet until level 4" to "the original eq devs weren't smart enough to put working research in the game for the first couple months."
Old 12-11-2019, 11:09 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not like this is very far-fetched. After all, despite being THE pet class in the game, mages don't even get a pet at 1. It's not exactly a leap from "the original eq devs were dumb enough to not give the number one pet class in the game that's totally reliant on pets for everything a pet until level 4" to "the original eq devs weren't smart enough to put working research in the game for the first couple months."
Or was totally intentional. My friend who worked for verant/soe said they did some stuff just to piss people off as a joke... then it became meta.
Old 12-11-2019, 11:40 AM
Planar Protector

Make Mages Great Again 2020
Old 12-11-2019, 12:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
I hate the mage issues as much as anyone (I play a mage), but mocking the staff is just way beyond the line. They have done a freaking incredible job with this server. And they are all volunteers, and it’s free.

Seriously, we can (and will) be dicks to each other because that’s how this forum is, but applying that behaviour to staff is in incredibly poor taste.
Old 12-11-2019, 12:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No pets until level 4 yet mages get reclaim energy at level 1. It’s almost as if the devs needed another caster class and quickly hacked together the magician class.
Closed Thread