Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Do you live in one of America's inner cities?
Yes, I live in a but I got inner city 41 18.55%
Yes, I live in a crime infested inner city 35 15.84%
Yes, I live in a burning crime infested inner city 33 14.93%
Bush burned the crime infested towers 153 69.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2019, 08:10 AM
Planar Protector

The East India Trading Company is super interesting historically. Britain didn't conquer India militarily... A small number of private capitalists operating from an office in London did.
Old 12-12-2019, 08:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppkins_Wytchfinder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If John Major is saying they are corrupt. It's a pretty big indicator. He wasn't the best but he seemed to have principles.
Yea, people seemed to hate him at the time, but as a child I couldn't see why he was so bad. I'm gonna go off on one and suggest he was ousted by Rupert Murdoch who has had the keys to the country since he outed Major. That media and their mind control *adjusts tin foil hat*
Old 12-12-2019, 08:18 AM
Planar Protector

The sad thing with the Murdoch rags is they always have an exiting/shocking headline that prompts a "that can't be possible/I knew it!" emotional response but when you read on you'll see the figures they use to argue their point is at beat only very loosely related to what they are claiming.

People retain emotional memories, emotional states greatly affect perception and cognition which alters how those figures are received, but details are difficult to remember so it's bot easy to deconstruct that emotional reaction / memory and it becomes ingrained and you feel like it was properly evidenced at the time.

The paychological sophistication used by the Murdoch rags is incredible.
Old 12-12-2019, 09:20 AM
Banned

You have a ridiculous amount of rot in your government Jim. Nothing is really going to go right until you take care of that. Your politicians don’t serve your people. You vote for things but they aren’t delivered because they are inconvenient for your elites. Good luck voting to take care of this. When the elites don’t get the results they want they just find studies that nitpick “misinformation campaigns” and then push 2nd or 3rd votes until the elites get what they want. American democrats must be jealous of the authoritarian and disruptive measures uk elites can execute against the democratic will of its common people compared to the US.
Old 12-12-2019, 09:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You have a ridiculous amount of rot in your government Jim. Nothing is really going to go right until you take care of that. Your politicians don’t serve your people. You vote for things but they aren’t delivered because they are inconvenient for your elites. Good luck voting to take care of this. When the elites don’t get the results they want they just find studies that nitpick “misinformation campaigns” and then push 2nd or 3rd votes until the elites get what they want. American democrats must be jealous of the authoritarian and disruptive measures uk elites can execute against the democratic will of its common people compared to the US.
Did you read any of his posts? Or do you just drone on with the same "it's a shame the UK is such a dictatorship" nonsense without actually reading what he's said?
Old 12-12-2019, 09:27 AM
Planar Protector

Thats right. We need to get rid of the fptp system.

Local elections greens and lib dems clean out. General elections you can generally only vote lab or con.

It's obvious people don't vote their first choice in the fptp. They choose the neccessary evil.
Old 12-12-2019, 09:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by feniin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did you read any of his posts? Or do you just drone on with the same "it's a shame the UK is such a dictatorship" nonsense without actually reading what he's said?
It's amazing how many posts Teppler make that essentially agrees with me, but he frames as some epiphany I may have not considered.
Old 12-12-2019, 09:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's amazing how many posts Teppler make that essentially agrees with me, but he frames as some epiphany I may have not considered.
You could think we are the same all day. You might even believe it. But I see the clear line about how we are vastly different and not even really close.

There’s something frustrating about you Jim. Like you have potential but you’re just cowardly or something. I can’t put my finger on it. Maybe that’s the results of not having real democracy for a long time. Not having guns to protect yourselves. Not having feeedom of speech. Maybe this is the effects. I’m not sure.
Old 12-12-2019, 09:39 AM
Planar Protector

Personal attack, but I'm not thought police.
Old 12-12-2019, 09:45 AM
Banned

Well forgive me because I don’t mean that to be an attack, I mean that as respectfully as I can.
Closed Thread