Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2019, 03:09 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
20 years and counting, here.
Well, when I started playing they weren't in the same league as Mages, Wizards, rogues etc.

It was a fun class to play though and did a lot of other things so I stuck with it.
Old 11-23-2019, 04:40 PM
Aviak

Default Solution to Manastone Issue

The problem with the current manastone list is that you HAVE to be at your computer for a bare minimum of 30 hours straight without sleep.

Here's the solution:

Rather than having a list system that is first come first serve.... have a system where looting is awarded to the player with the most CONTRIBUTION points. Contribution points are awarded when you have assisted in some way, shape, or form to the EE's death. The player with the most contribution points present when the EE dies gets to loot the manastone, resetting their contribution points to zero. Same rule applies where a player can't start accruing contribution points until a week after looting. Also, AFK check is still needed so a bard can't sit at the camp playing a song and rack up contribution points.

Isn't this how most raids work with "Dragon" points? If you spend 8 hours helping others get a manastone, your contribution should count for something.
Old 12-13-2019, 12:13 PM
Orc

It seems to me that a points system is the most fair and healthy solution versus these 30+ hour camps, but whenever I've seen it mentioned it's simply ignored. What are the downsides to this approach?
Old 12-13-2019, 12:59 PM
Kobold

Remove the drop, put them on a vendor at 750k.
Old 12-13-2019, 01:49 PM
Fire Giant

drop rate of mana stones should be random sometimes you get them fast after each other other times rare, Think pained soul.

here is a link to a old cleric board talking about it: (October 12, 1999)

http://web.archive.org/web/200102260...msgs/5115.html

(That forum is a good place to find in era posts, it was the old version of EQcleric)
-Taken-Taken II-

"I may not agree with what you say, but to your death I will defend your right to say it."
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
"To be able to think freely, a man must be certain that no consequence will follow whatever he writes."

CromCruach on Blue - Aurgelmirx on Green
Old 12-13-2019, 02:42 PM
Aviak

Go back to classic rules and stop trying to polish a turd. Trying to fix the list command without removing it is essentially the same thing.

Not classic Everquest. Putting players thru this will only make them resent playing here.

Wake up.
Old 12-13-2019, 03:15 PM
Kobold

Holiday gift to green/teal players -

One day event, every person who attends gets 1 legacy item per account(I understand people will make additional accounts, I don't know if there is an easy fix to combat that, just freethinking here).

After that FFA normal rules apply. No unhealthy list casualties, no more list. Done. If people want to poopsock/no life the camp after, have fun.

"Mehhhh not classic mehh". There are many not classic features due to the fact we are pieces of shit who can't play nice on a 20 year old elf sim.
Old 12-13-2019, 03:55 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Wizard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
looked at your avatar and didnt read your post suptoofs
I'm sure you didn't pal.
Old 12-13-2019, 04:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.J. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Me and my friends share our accounts with each other to farm manastones, don't take this away from us!
Old 12-13-2019, 04:45 PM
Planar Protector

Me and my guildies share accounts with each other to farm I mean track dragons, don’t take this away from the server!