Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2019, 05:01 PM
Planar Protector

What's the logic of even letting people multi-user an account on P99? it certainly wasn't classic and it adds nothing to the game/experience.
Old 12-13-2019, 05:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What's the logic of even letting people multi-user an account on P99? it certainly wasn't classic and it adds nothing to the game/experience.
Excuse me?

One time long ago I went to my grandparents for Xmas and I totally gave my info to a friend should any PoG armor rot while I was away.

When I returned, he had looted Wiz arms and gloves for me!

Its completely classic to let other people log you in for a variety of reasons.

Nothing at all wrong, it’s your account.
Old 12-13-2019, 05:32 PM
Planar Protector

people did do it. They also duped and exploited. It was against the rules. Even in guild it was secret hush, hush type stuff, who was being played by whom. Forbidden to even talk about in any way in game.
Old 12-13-2019, 05:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
people did do it. They also duped and exploited. It was against the rules. Even in guild it was secret hush, hush type stuff, who was being played by whom. Forbidden to even talk about in any way in game.
Did you really compare giving a friend your info to loot an item to duping plat or hacking? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You must have never played EQ w any RL family, those accounts always passed around.

One time I played my brothers druid (while he slept bc he was younger and couldnt stay up past midnight) so he could remain next up for PoF druid armor on the next spawn. He eventually tagged me out and I went to bed then I woke up next day hearing ab how he got a BP thanks to this.

This was in Classic, makes the current Manastone /list sound pretty classic how it functions minus the unclassic dropprate.

/mic drop
Last edited by Erati; 12-13-2019 at 05:39 PM..
Old 12-13-2019, 05:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did you really compare giving a friend your info to loot an item to duping plat or hacking? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You must have never played EQ w any RL family, those accounts always passed around.
Yes, i compared "things that people did that were against the rules" to " a thing people did that was also against the rules". it's a real stretch, I know.
Old 12-13-2019, 05:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Yes, i compared "things that people did that were against the rules" to " a thing people did that was also against the rules". it's a real stretch, I know.
The account sharing bit of the rules is in the same breath as At Your Own Risk.

This is the same as speeding 5 miles over, yes you are technically speeding, but are you really.

From what I remember on live, this sort of thing was extremely common to have someone else log you in for some Quest or Item drop.
Old 12-13-2019, 08:51 PM
Kobold

Yeah, breaking the rules is breaking the rules, even if you are going 5mph
Old 12-13-2019, 09:17 PM
Planar Protector

well technically there is a law that prevents you from impeding the flow of traffic, at least in my state
Old 12-13-2019, 09:23 PM
Planar Protector

I mained druid after Kunark on live. Several friends/guildies had my info for porting when I wasn't online. I had several people's cleric logins for rezzing. Classic.
Old 12-13-2019, 09:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mained druid after Kunark on live. Several friends/guildies had my info for porting when I wasn't online. I had several people's cleric logins for rezzing. Classic.
Who do you think gives a shit you were a cheater?
Closed Thread