Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2019, 10:24 PM
Sarnak

Are you using WinEQ?

Every other patch I have to toggle between WinXP compatibility and back to Win7 otherwise I get the exact same issues you describe.

cheers,

Astuce
Old 12-15-2019, 10:26 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are a troubleshooters nightmare.

May you always have trouble zoning.
He did talk to one other guy who said he had experienced the exact same thing, though. So that now brings the count to:

Those Experiencing Issues: 2
Those Not Experiencing Issues: 1700ish

.. so it could be a server issue, dunno.
Old 12-15-2019, 10:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDrake [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He did talk to one other guy who said he had experienced the exact same thing, though. So that now brings the count to:

Those Experiencing Issues: 2
Those Not Experiencing Issues: 1700ish

.. so it could be a server issue, dunno.
Ya cause everyone is reading these forums non stop like you in mommy's basement.
Old 12-15-2019, 10:45 PM
Sarnak

i just logged in after not playing for for like 20-30 mins. Game not running at all. Log in and the server select screen is completely black.
Old 12-15-2019, 10:53 PM
Sarnak

https://www.project1999.com/forums/a.../t-125811.html

Well, well, well, lookie here. Seems P99 has been screwing people like this for awhile now.

i'm geting the unknown error, too, if i didn't mention it already.
Old 12-15-2019, 10:56 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by axisofebola [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Half the time I zone now I get a massive load time 2+ miins. About 20% of the time it will take 5+ mins and i just kill the client cause its obviously not working. Then when i try to log back in I get "unknown error" for 3-5 mins when try to join server.
I will admit this is kinda of an odd bug. I've never heard of anybody taking 2 to 5 minutes to load a zone. Are you absolutely certain this started only after the current patch? The only thing I can think of is that somehow one of the files got messed up and it's taking extra time to process it or skip the error checks. That or the the hard drive is acting up.

If it was the servers I think more people would be affected by this problem as it would be relayed to clients. Considering I've not experienced this issue I doubt it's the servers. That doesn't mean these issues aren't happening to you, but it could be on your end. I'll ask around in game and see if anyone else is getting this issue.
Old 12-15-2019, 11:04 PM
Large Bat

Two questions I have -

1. Are you running the base titanium install with only the p99 patch? I noticed on my newer PC I had a lot of crashes/long zone times when I installed the EQ HD texture pack on the wiki.

2. You said you're plugged directly into your cable modem, as in, getting a public IP from your ISP? If so, put a cheap router inline... I've seen it a few times for whatever reason Windows firewall/integrated NIC/whatever couldn't deal with that and caused all sorts of wacky issues.
Old 12-15-2019, 11:06 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xruptor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I will admit this is kinda of an odd bug. I've never heard of anybody taking 2 to 5 minutes to load a zone. Are you absolutely certain this started only after the current patch? The only thing I can think of is that somehow one of the files got messed up and it's taking extra time to process it or skip the error checks. That or the the hard drive is acting up.

If it was the servers I think more people would be affected by this problem as it would be relayed to clients. Considering I've not experienced this issue I doubt it's the servers. That doesn't mean these issues aren't happening to you, but it could be on your end. I'll ask around in game and see if anyone else is getting this issue.
I noticed every once in a great while zoning taking a considerably longer time(45 secs- 1min), but nothing like this and never to the point of essentially booting/crashing me. i usually don't play during primetime hours usually which makes me think that could be a factor.
Old 12-15-2019, 11:13 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by axisofebola [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I noticed every once in a great while zoning taking a considerably longer time(45 secs- 1min), but nothing like this and never to the point of essentially booting/crashing me. i usually don't play during primetime hours usually which makes me think that could be a factor.
That's really oddball. Can you tell us your pc specs and what you are running P99 on? Operating system and such.
Old 12-15-2019, 11:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xruptor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's really oddball. Can you tell us your pc specs and what you are running P99 on? Operating system and such.
Maybe tomorrow. Tired of this and going to bed. It's running windows 10(which i despise already), it's a pretty high end gaming rig less than a month old. Cable modem, no router.
Closed Thread