Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2015, 05:20 PM
Large Rat

Default This is so, so awesome.

Oh man. This is just too good.

I can't believe it took me until a few days ago to discover Project 1999. I played a lot back in the Luclin/planes days, and it was fun but I always yearned for the pre-maps, pre-portals to everywhere, pre-bazaar days, when the game was actually an adventure. There was still some adventure to be had, but the game world was considerably shrunken by the time I started playing. I was a teenager, and eventually I stopped playing when other interests took over.

I hopped back on with a new account maybe five years ago, and was disappointed to find no low-level characters anywhere, all the old zones I hunted completely empty, getting experience WAY too fast, getting unreasonably good equipment for cheap - it lasted maybe a week before I called it quits. It wasn't really the EverQuest I wanted.

Since then I always thought it would be great if they re-launched the original game - why wouldn't they? The game had changed so radically over the years, that it should have been an option from the developers at some point. I guess I stopped searching a few years ago. EQ fell off my radar completely.

I don't remember how I found Project 1999 - a link to a link to a link to a link, in an internet hyperlink wormhole somehow, BOOM - original EQ? Only the Kunark expansion (and very soon to be Velious)? No maps? No portals? LOTS OF PLAYERS ON THE SERVER??

I must stop typing... every sentence is another ten seconds I'm not leveling my new Dwarven Cleric. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

- patperson, aka Barlham - Lvl 11 Cleric
Old 08-03-2015, 03:57 AM
Planar Protector

welcome! it's a great time to be joining. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] server still thriving, velious just launched.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 08-03-2015, 06:21 AM
Sarnak

Good to see another fellow cleric joining. I did start again just recently and it feels very much like the old days. I die too often and perversely enjoy it. It is like someone said here: CR is part of the game.
Old 08-03-2015, 08:59 AM
Planar Protector

Getting your stuff back is often an adventure in and of itself!
Old 08-03-2015, 09:09 AM
Fire Giant

welcome back DAWG
Old 08-03-2015, 09:17 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koota [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
welcome back DAWG
Thanks, killer!

Corpse runs are oddly satisfying... It is all part of the fun!
Closed Thread