Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2015, 09:10 PM
Planar Protector

I hear there were a bunch of 60s rampaging through Crushbone for quest items not giving any shits about any low levels leveling in there... pretty lame for what was otherwise a fun event.
Old 08-02-2015, 09:11 PM
Aviak

Rubicite armor was also reward for turn in.

Voce Andante
60 Bard
Old 08-02-2015, 09:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hezron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rubicite armor was also reward for turn in.
Yeah I saw someone link a rubicite bracer, nice to see that stuff re-emerging. I've got a rubi BP on my unused paladin, its nice for low levels as a poor man's fungi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I only managed to hand in 2 quest items (and 1 giant head).

The 2 items were:-

1. Shiny Brass Idol.
2. Fire Opal ! lol
Old 08-02-2015, 09:14 PM
Planar Protector

awesome event! gj nilbog, rogean, haynar and the other coders!

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
Old 08-02-2015, 09:28 PM
Skeleton

Hey mods/admins, I'd like to add the following to my original post:

Each encampment was giving quests. The Explorers and Loremasters mentioned [documents], [reasearch] and apparently [heads]. The documents were Dwarven (letter) and Giant (scoll) flavors, and the research items were the same (dwarven tablets and giant crates). These all were NO TRADE / TEMPORARY dropping from humanoids across all zones- goblins, orcs, frogloks, etc. I found nothing on undead.

I went over to the freeport gate by NRo and found one of each document on an Orc Pawn and a Centurion. Gated back and turned both in to the dwarven Coldain Explorer. One yielded a Warpainted Spear, a modest but decent SHM range item that doesn't drop anymore. A research turn-in returned Mammoth Hide leggings.

Every zone I passed through between Ro and Runnyeye was filled with players. Many were complaining about the lack of low level humanoid mobs. It was true- the hunting had basically driven them extinct.

One interesting effect was that turn-ins would spawn warriors and priests which would begin pathing towards the other side. At one point I saw a huge influx of dwarves:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It was very exciting. After gathering a few more documents I went for more turn-ins on the giant side and halfway there I thought, "I should bring up Fraps and take some video". I alt-tabbed and just as I clicked the icon I remembered that launching Fraps would crash my EQ client, and it did. I was unable to log back in for an hour and by that time the quest drops were finished and all my quest items had vanished, being temporary.

Now only the Explorer NPCs remained, and they were porting players. Players were running up, saying "send me to Velious" and vanishing. I tried it with the Giant and it denied me- apparently I hadn't earned enough faction.

I ran across to the lone remaining dwarf and said "send me to velious". It worked. Suddenly I was transported to Eastern Wastes. Apparently the port zones were inconsistent, and there were several impromptu camps of players in EW suggesting the port locations were spread out, too.

Players were showing off some of the rewards they had gotten for turning in heads. Some ridiculous items among them. Here were just a few:

After looking around and taking out some low-level wildlife, I gated back to EC. I intend to explore velious 100% classic- boat only and no wiki. I never played Velious on live, and I've found that EQ is more fun when you don't know what to expect, and you aren't thinking about camps and drops and ZEM. That's part of what's so fun about GM events- weird, fun things happen with no warning. This was great, and a fitting launch for the long awaited Velious.
Last edited by Crass; 08-02-2015 at 09:31 PM..
Old 08-03-2015, 12:00 AM
Banned

240+ ppl in Gfay at the start of the event. Zoned into Crushbone /who returned 9 people. I happily murdered orcs for the duration of the event with surprisingly few people catching on that you don't HAVE to be in a zone with an event camp to get the event drops. CB didn't start to get crowded til near the end of the event. I had about 3 bags worth of empty slots and I filled my empty slots a little over 3 times. So I'd estimate I got somewhere around 80-85 turn ins. Lots of garbage vendor trash loot. All I got that was worth saving is Rubicite Boots / Fishbone Earring / Driftwood 100% wr box.

All in all not a bad event but I wish they had made it MUCH more clear that the drops could be obtained from any humanoid mob in any zone but had to be turned in at one of the 5 zones with camps. Would have prevented having 200+ people swarming around gfay and WC. I would have gladly emptied my inventory and went and parked in blackburrow or something away from the crowds.
Old 08-03-2015, 12:24 AM
Planar Protector

I will treasure the random Blade of Passage I got from this event forever! The handmade backpack not so much...but only because I already have several of them and can't tell the difference.

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 08-03-2015, 12:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr4990 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
240+ ppl in Gfay at the start of the event. Zoned into Crushbone /who returned 9 people. I happily murdered orcs for the duration of the event with surprisingly few people catching on that you don't HAVE to be in a zone with an event camp to get the event drops. CB didn't start to get crowded til near the end of the event. I had about 3 bags worth of empty slots and I filled my empty slots a little over 3 times. So I'd estimate I got somewhere around 80-85 turn ins. Lots of garbage vendor trash loot. All I got that was worth saving is Rubicite Boots / Fishbone Earring / Driftwood 100% wr box.

All in all not a bad event but I wish they had made it MUCH more clear that the drops could be obtained from any humanoid mob in any zone but had to be turned in at one of the 5 zones with camps. Would have prevented having 200+ people swarming around gfay and WC. I would have gladly emptied my inventory and went and parked in blackburrow or something away from the crowds.

Want to sell that box?
Old 08-03-2015, 01:23 AM
Banned

Any confirmed guise?
Old 08-03-2015, 02:06 AM
Planar Protector

Mayhem. Like the time you dosed the punch at your grandparent's 50th.