Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2015, 11:32 PM
Kobold

Default Velious advice

I apologiz for another velious questions thread. I'm a level 52 paladin and I quit live during kunark so this is all brand new to me. My goal is to do some leveling. I got my bind in thurgadin and now I'm hearing I need to pick up some ground spawn items to open the velious portals? Do I need one for wizard and Druid ones and also what Zones have the portals. And also where should I head for grouping
Old 08-04-2015, 12:33 AM
Aviak

There's tooth ground spawns at all the port zones in velious. Great Divide, cobalt scar, the wakinglands. Think that's all of them...? They're in the dragon rings in all of those zones and once you get them you can get ports to those zones. Iceclad is the only one you don't need a tooth for. There's also a shrine key that you need in order to zone from sky shrine to cobalt scar but it's a little more difficult then the ground spawns, look up the quest
Old 08-04-2015, 12:36 AM
Aviak

Check velketors labyrinth, sirens grotto, kael for xp, watchout for see invis mobs in Kael
Old 08-04-2015, 12:41 AM
Fire Giant

Druid and Wizard all port to the same rings in SoV. You just need the ground spawn tooth in order to be ported there. However, it's tiered. GD --> WL --> CS. Iceclad doesnt count, since it doesn't require a tooth. So if you have the WL tooth, you can be ported to GD and WL. If you have the CS tooth (the one you really want in the end), you can be ported to all the rings.

Exp at 52... Probably Velks. Kael to if you can find a group. I think the very upper floors of ToFS could give exp, but I dont think a lot of people are going there yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barfight
"President, its time to shut the fuck up."
Old 08-04-2015, 01:15 AM
Aviak

Are lvl 50's lvling in cobalt scar? I haven't been there yet but I remember quading there on my druid back on live. Pretty sure it's easier then velks
Old 08-04-2015, 02:45 AM
Planar Protector

sirens grotto got a good zem? its not the easiest of zones to travel about in.

or succor across and do the ww side?

Are YOU Cleansed from the chains of digital desire?
Old 08-04-2015, 04:14 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by sktank [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are lvl 50's lvling in cobalt scar? I haven't been there yet but I remember quading there on my druid back on live. Pretty sure it's easier then velks
From what I noticed earlier tonight, it was mostly Druids in CS xp'ing. My druid is 52 without a lumi staff and I was having a tough time there. The Cobalt drakes are shown as warriors on the wiki, but they have a nasty ice spell that hits for 500+ and they dispel, making quadding more difficult then Im used to because I have to keep recasting SOW/WF. The exp is pretty decent though, just gotta be careful.
Old 08-04-2015, 08:00 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthalas Winterheart [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From what I noticed earlier tonight, it was mostly Druids in CS xp'ing. My druid is 52 without a lumi staff and I was having a tough time there. The Cobalt drakes are shown as warriors on the wiki, but they have a nasty ice spell that hits for 500+ and they dispel, making quadding more difficult then Im used to because I have to keep recasting SOW/WF. The exp is pretty decent though, just gotta be careful.
Shrunken goblin skull earring would go a long way for you here. Instant - click junk buff that acts as a buffer to prevent your important ones from being dispelled. Otherwise stick to the wyvern, they don't cast.
Old 08-04-2015, 10:23 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by icedwards [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shrunken goblin skull earring would go a long way for you here. Instant - click junk buff that acts as a buffer to prevent your important ones from being dispelled. Otherwise stick to the wyvern, they don't cast.
Solid tip, thanks for the advice.
Old 08-04-2015, 10:48 AM
Planar Protector

I seen a few silly Bards in CS running around for like 20 minutes trying to kill 2 mobs. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quading and Kiting is a LOT harder with the HP Velious mobs have compared to "Classic". [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread