Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2019, 09:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey Hotay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How courteous is it to lock up 7 spawns while damaging only 4? You did it because you could and it was convenient. The same rationale applied to the looter. Some post with a green name might wander by and talk tough but nobody is getting banned for looting scarabs.

Swarmkiting bards should ask for no quarter and receive none.
Totally agree. I’m not faulting Bards for using the AoE kiting strategy if they want to do so, but to then be like “well you can’t loot anything once I get through my next 4-8 mobs that I had initially tagged solely so you can’t kill them or it would be KSing” is one of the more ridiculous things I’ve seen on P99 lol.

I highly doubt any Guide or GM would penalize someone for looting your meaningless loot while you’re continuing to AoE swarm multiple other mobs that you’re keeping them from killing. Can’t have your cake and eat it too
Old 11-24-2019, 09:06 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Totally agree. I’m not faulting Bards for using the AoE kiting strategy if they want to do so, but to then be like “well you can’t loot anything once I get through my next 4-8 mobs that I had initially tagged solely so you can’t kill them or it would be KSing” is one of the more ridiculous things I’ve seen on P99 lol.

I highly doubt any Guide or GM would penalize someone for looting your meaningless loot while you’re continuing to AoE swarm multiple other mobs that you’re keeping them from killing. Can’t have your cake and eat it too
Social mobs are gonna social. Your assumption is that the guy 8 levels above me who was looting corpses wanted to kill the greens. Or that I have all the mobs in zone "locked up" with 7 mobs...nice mental gymnastics to justify shite behavior
Old 11-24-2019, 09:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmall [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Social mobs are gonna social. Your assumption is that the guy 8 levels above me who was looting corpses wanted to kill the greens. Or that I have all the mobs in zone "locked up" with 7 mobs...nice mental gymnastics to justify shite behavior
Hmm nice straw man considering I never said you were keeping all mobs in the zone locked up. I said you were deliberately locking up more mobs than you could damage at a time in order to ensure that other people couldn’t kill them so that you could keep your strategy to maximize your own EXP going. Which is true. It doesn’t matter whether you’re locking up 100% of the mobs in the area, the point is that you’re pulling more than you can damage to ensure other people can’t kill those mobs and then you’re whining about people looting corpses because you were busy burning down the rest of the mobs you were locking down. It’s a ridiculous complaint lol. This thread is honestly so trolly and terrible you should’ve posted it in rants and flames.
Old 11-24-2019, 09:18 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hmm nice straw man considering I never said you were keeping all mobs in the zone locked up. I said you were deliberately locking up more mobs than you could damage at a time in order to ensure that other people couldn’t kill them so that you could keep your strategy to maximize your own EXP going. Which is true. It doesn’t matter whether you’re locking up 100% of the mobs in the area, the point is that you’re pulling more than you can damage to ensure other people can’t kill those mobs and then you’re whining about people looting corpses because you were busy burning down the rest of the mobs you were locking down. It’s a ridiculous complaint lol. This thread is honestly so trolly and terrible you should’ve posted it in rants and flames.
Conspiracy theory much. More than 4 mobs came due to social aggro big deal...i am trying to withhold mobs from others....what a point of view you have.
Old 11-24-2019, 09:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmall [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You seem to think there was a limit on the mobs and 7 mobs is all the zone has to offer. Seems like there is alot 0f hate for bards here.
I don't hate bards, I hate soloers. Go play SWTOR if you want to solo an MMO.
Old 11-24-2019, 09:26 PM
Kobold

So lets assume I am at sisters, kiting the mobs at sisters.
It takes me some time to kill all three sisters, so if someone comes by and just sits there, they can proceed to loot every rotation FOR DOING NOTHING, simply because I'm a bard?
Old 11-24-2019, 09:32 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

This post seems extremely 1-sided tbh. You offer no context about the other person other than they looted the corpses. Did you even attempt to communicate with them after you saw them loot? Without context its very easy to assume the person just looted the corpses because he saw them rotting. They were on the ground long enough for him to loot so maybe he assumed whoever killed didn't care about the loot. Its very common for people to just leave corpses unlooted if they're not interested in looting shit that doesnt sell for at least a plat or more

Long story short no, there's not a bunch of people out there ninja looting bard swarms intentionally lol
Old 11-24-2019, 09:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenoraRaton [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So lets assume I am at sisters, kiting the mobs at sisters.
It takes me some time to kill all three sisters, so if someone comes by and just sits there, they can proceed to loot every rotation FOR DOING NOTHING, simply because I'm a bard?
Actually they can even claim a spawn and start pulling one of the sisters.
Old 11-24-2019, 09:59 PM
Planar Protector

When I did the named sisters I’d kite 4, sell, kite the other 3 sell, then the original 4 would respawn... no need to pull all 7 like a dweeb
Old 11-24-2019, 10:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morratiz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This post seems extremely 1-sided tbh. You offer no context about the other person other than they looted the corpses. Did you even attempt to communicate with them after you saw them loot? Without context its very easy to assume the person just looted the corpses because he saw them rotting. They were on the ground long enough for him to loot so maybe he assumed whoever killed didn't care about the loot. Its very common for people to just leave corpses unlooted if they're not interested in looting shit that doesnt sell for at least a plat or more

Long story short no, there's not a bunch of people out there ninja looting bard swarms intentionally lol
No, you don't get it. If you didn't get xp or permission, you can't loot. Don't think too hard, that's the way it is.
Closed Thread