Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2016, 07:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr4990 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Won't be disbanding just going much more casual I think
For those of you in BDA who are unwilling to join the A/A zerg force and also want to remain on p99 in a casual friendly guild, send me a tell about an exciting new opportunity with Azure Guard or follow this convenient link: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...13#post2268713
Old 05-08-2016, 08:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by xexbis0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Class R was against a variance reduction cause they were afraid that their little piece of the pie would get gobbled up. They were right. Shorter big name windows = more free time to go raid the rest. VS going three days just fucked the rest of the server cause it's not on same timeline as ToV on resets.
How willfully ignorant are you?

Shorter variance means everything is going to be on the same day. Meaning that a_random_trashy_ntov_dragon could be ignored because A/A are going for CT or tormax for instance.

VS dying again to A/A is because he simply isn't on the same day as more important things or anything is going on. VS made from 7 day to 3 day spawn has nothing to do with variance.

Long variance guarantees the win for A/A. They got the resources to cover those 16 hours that the smaller guilds can't. Spawn times and the "value" of the mobs can get spread around such that, it would be acceptable to maybe loose out on a_random_trashy_ntov_dragon to scoop up say a_better_VP_dragon or trakanon.
Old 05-08-2016, 08:09 PM
Planar Protector

There's more players on Uthgard 2.0 right now, which is in BETA and is going to wipe, than on Blue.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 05-08-2016, 08:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expediency [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For those of you in BDA who are unwilling to join the A/A zerg force and also want to remain on p99 in a casual friendly guild, send me a tell about an exciting new opportunity with Azure Guard or follow this convenient link: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...13#post2268713

Where do ya'll make your sigs? They're quite nice!
Old 05-08-2016, 08:33 PM
Sarnak

i was casually playing phinny while raiding with ramp.

its very fun. the mobs are buffed so they complete walkovers (although still not very hard) ... but when was the last time you killed a mob in A/A expecting a challenge ? lol.

guilds are split raiding trak/gore/sev/tal at the moment (so split their raid into two instances doing low number kills) which is always more fun than 150 people killing a dragon while 120 sit by waiting to see if they somehow make a mistake.

the socking still happens in open world but its not extreme. my guild has killed open world gore / trak etc a bunch of times just as we were running to our instanced raid.

gimp: the ench epic is a shit fight at the moment. VT is camped socked by 40 people at the moment all trying to get it. however ench is the most desired class at the moment.

its a great server and i'd recommend it to anyone thats sick of the socking on p99. its not even real competition. its just a series of dice rolls after x number of hours.
Old 05-08-2016, 08:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xexbis
BDA will either force Awakened and Aftermath, particularly the former lately, to stop gobbling up everything on the server. How you ask? Don't be surprised to see more go to Phinny.
I think the vast majority of people would rather have 50% less classic, a fully functioning GUI, and instances than hundreds of hours tracking per week and 4AM batphones. I have heard rumblings that CSG was thinking about starting their own server. It would not surprise me at all if they follow BDA to Phinny, or Anonymity, or whoever else.

I'm not sure why you think this will change the server though. The server population dropping to 800 online at peak would be the solution, not the problem. I'm guessing that A/A will duel it out until one of them breaks and they merge (probably 4-6 months away). At that point we'd have one monster guild getting 80% of the pixels and 3-4 smaller guilds farming HOT and picking up a few targets here and there when they decide to play variance quest, and the server staff being reasonably satisfied with that. They would at least get fewer petitions [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanable
Especially the collective effect; it reminds me of Vowels
Old 05-08-2016, 08:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A guy in our guild named Lyant makes all of them. There are quite a few on our private forums that havent shown up on p99 yet.
Old 05-08-2016, 09:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the vast majority of people would rather have 50% less classic, a fully functioning GUI, and instances than hundreds of hours tracking per week and 4AM batphones. I have heard rumblings that CSG was thinking about starting their own server. It would not surprise me at all if they follow BDA to Phinny, or Anonymity, or whoever else.

I'm not sure why you think this will change the server though. The server population dropping to 800 online at peak would be the solution, not the problem. I'm guessing that A/A will duel it out until one of them breaks and they merge (probably 4-6 months away). At that point we'd have one monster guild getting 80% of the pixels and 3-4 smaller guilds farming HOT and picking up a few targets here and there when they decide to play variance quest, and the server staff being reasonably satisfied with that. They would at least get fewer petitions [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Especially the collective effect; it reminds me of Vowels
Haven't been in A/A, but I get the feeling that a lot of what drives them is trying to beat the other "a"," and if one of them starts to slip and lose merbs, they'll probably lose members to the other one, snowballing the effect. Once a merge or whatever happens a lot of them will lose the will to keep going. TMO kept going cause there was that carrot of "velious" on the horizon. Maybe we'd drop to 800 pop or something when the merge happens, but I don't really see another competitor popping up to challenge whatever "A" guild is left, and you'll start to see numbers really fall off then.

The community here is a living thing. Even though it doesn't seem like much, just going into EC and seeing the same 10 people spamming shit is life, and people play here for the life the community has. As people start to log in and see less and less of it, whether it be EC spam or groupage in CoM, they'll start to leave too. Lower pop is NOT the answer, just look at red.
Old 05-08-2016, 09:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wish they would all come and make a post in our guild recruitment thread just to show off the guy's work. He's awesome. They are all slightly different, yet have a similiar feel to them. A motif.

It's definitely one of the coolest parts of being AG.
Old 05-08-2016, 10:37 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicemace [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i was casually playing phinny while raiding with ramp.

its very fun. the mobs are buffed so they complete walkovers (although still not very hard) ... but when was the last time you killed a mob in A/A expecting a challenge ? lol.

guilds are split raiding trak/gore/sev/tal at the moment (so split their raid into two instances doing low number kills) which is always more fun than 150 people killing a dragon while 120 sit by waiting to see if they somehow make a mistake.

the socking still happens in open world but its not extreme. my guild has killed open world gore / trak etc a bunch of times just as we were running to our instanced raid.

gimp: the ench epic is a shit fight at the moment. VT is camped socked by 40 people at the moment all trying to get it. however ench is the most desired class at the moment.

its a great server and i'd recommend it to anyone thats sick of the socking on p99. its not even real competition. its just a series of dice rolls after x number of hours.
fucking ew
Closed Thread