Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 04:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can see there's no clear answer to this then?

Do you all agree that the ac penalty from being under 75agi is only until you put on a piece of gear that raises you to 75?

Is having no ac while naked really a concern for corpse runs or is the little bit naked not going to make a difference anyways?

AND btw I do care about stats, but I am not willing to play a "giant" race, It drives me nuts and I just wont enjoy myself.

I'm torn between the Dark Elf and the Erudite at this point, I created both and have them bound in FP, now I just need to decide on who to pass the suit of banded to.

After allocating the stats they look like this:

Erudite.... dark elf
hp 31.... hp 31
ac 15.... ac 18
atk 26.... atk 29
str 80.... str 80
sta 80.... sta 80
agi 75.... agi 90
dex 70.... dex 75
int 117... int 109
cha 75.... cha 65
Agility on SK gear isn't all that common. I dumped a shitload of platinum into a twink SK and if I remember correctly he didn't have much in the way of Agility bonuses via gear.

Personally I would go with the Dark Elf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Three things:
1.) You want your worn AC at above the cap. Starting points in agility won't help you there. Putting any points in agility are points wasted if you can get AGI over 75 via a single piece of gear or cat-o-nine tails, or whatever. So this is dependant on your race but no race should dump everything they can in to AGI.

2.) Vision isn't an issue on this server. So saying that human and Erudite SKs suck is completely invalid. They can both wander Freeport with little to no faction work which is huge. Also, neither of them need to rely on shaman or shrink potions.

3.)Starting points in strength are a total and complete waste.
Agility does in fact affect your AC.

Wandering Freeport was never really an issue. Neriak isn't that much farther than North Freeport for banking.

Starting points in Strength are far from a waste if you're starting with heavy gear and you actually want to be able to hit things at lower level.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennoia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Agility does in fact affect your AC.

Wandering Freeport was never really an issue. Neriak isn't that much farther than North Freeport for banking.
This is true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennoia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Starting points in Strength are far from a waste if you're starting with heavy gear and you actually want to be able to hit things at lower level.
Well wait, you are either starting from scratch and have no gear or you are rolling an alt and starting with heavy gear. If you are starting with heavy gear you should also be able to start with STR items.

To my knowledge STR effects you max hit (and only after a certain level since you have damage caps early on) but STR does not effect your chance to hit. It does change yout ATK slightly though... maybe you were counting that?
Old 03-15-2011, 06:10 PM
Kobold

Never having to deal with the hassle of finding gear with some agi on it as you upgrade through the levels is worth so much more to me than the possibility of facing the fact that I have 5 strength or stamina less than the next guy at the end of the game.

I would lose my shit if I got a sweet upgrade for my gloves, but my old gloves were the item keeping me at 75 agi. What a pain in the ass you can avoid by just getting the 5 agi points at creation.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:12 PM
Fire Giant

couple other small things to consider with kunark right here:

Both ERU and HUM shadowknights get access to all the flayed skin armor thats lying around karnors.

Couple that with the jarsath for iksars..

And there's some pretty strong arguments that you could really make some headway starting a new, untwinked SK as a Human or Iksar. Human you could start today and reap the glory of EC tunnel buffs, Iksar you could start in a week and be good simply because jarsath is *truly* no drop and rotting and field of bone is a super sexy place to level yourself up in prep for making a home in LOIO.

As for the whole stats thing.. Nothing beats STA, and I'm a STR whore so i'll always favor a few points in STR to carry stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Most of the people with bad experiences with me hang out in R&F, shocking, looks like I'm doing something right.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:39 PM
Banned

Last edited by dredge; 12-12-2012 at 08:12 PM..
Old 03-15-2011, 09:05 PM
Banned

once u go black u dont go back
Old 03-15-2011, 09:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so pump agi up past 75? or just to 75?

Thinking I'll play the erudite.

does this look right?
Erudite
hp 31....
ac 15....
atk 26....
str 80....
sta 80....
agi 75....
dex 70....
int 117...
cha 75....
That looks fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 03-16-2011, 01:54 AM
Banned

Last edited by dredge; 12-12-2012 at 08:12 PM..
Old 03-16-2011, 02:23 AM
Banned

once u go black u dont go back
Old 03-16-2011, 04:06 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Here I am in Free port after picking up some bags my rogue dropped [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm still not 100% sold on the Erudite, might drop for Dark Elf too, then compare stats / looks.

After equiping with some banded, misc jewelry and some a. sleeves, serp bracers etc..
he ends up having
hp 41
ac 152
str 80
sta 83
agi 96
dex 93
int 120
cha 85

guess my hand me down gear had a lot of agi and dex already, maybe I shouldn't have dumped that 5 into agi?

I'm also at 77/80 weight with pretty empty bags at lv 1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As previously stated, you always put Agility at least to 75 in case future gear takes away that +5 Agility piece.

Erudite was a pretty big mistake, but that's mostly because it's the worst race in the game with absolutely nothing going for them. In all my years of playing I have never seen an endgame Erudite SK, and never will because the people playing them realize their mistakes around level 40 and reroll.