Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 01:48 PM
Sarnak

Default Countdown to Kunark

With the release of Kunark being only 6 days away, I wanted to start a thread about how life in Everquest will change, and to provide (and ask for) information about Kunark. I know that for me personally, it's been years and years and years since I've experienced Kunark content, so I've forgotten a lot. Please feel free to contribute to this information. 8)

-How do you reach the continent?

-What Wizard/Druid ports are there? Dreadlands

-Where are banks located? Firiona Vie

-Are good/evil characters KOS in FV?

-I seem to remember the Levitate spell being a lot more important in Kunark, namely for flying over the Dreadlands (the spider folk see invis?). You might want to start collecting bat wings!

-Iksar classes: Monk, Warrior, Shaman, Necromancer, Shadowknight

-Will EC tunnel still be the main marketplace? I think I recall lots of sales going on in Lake of Ill Omen, and Firiona Vie.

-Kunark is full of outdoor wide open areas that are great for kiting.

-Will people still level in classic areas?

-How much classic loot will become obsolete?

-Are levels 50 and 55 considered hell levels?

And of course, feel free to ask questions as well. :P
Old 03-19-2011, 02:33 PM
The Protector of Sunder

Most important, is it 100% for sure still coming out next friday?
Old 03-19-2011, 02:39 PM
Fire Giant

Beta will let ya go test the kos and the bank questions i bet.
Old 03-19-2011, 03:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooj [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
With the release of Kunark being only 6 days away, I wanted to start a thread about how life in Everquest will change, and to provide (and ask for) information about Kunark. I know that for me personally, it's been years and years and years since I've experienced Kunark content, so I've forgotten a lot. Please feel free to contribute to this information. 8)

-How do you reach the continent? good races from butcherblock dock, evils from oasis dock

-What Wizard/Druid ports are there? Dreadlands druids can evac to skyfire and emerald jungle

-Where are banks located? Firiona Vie FV (good), overthere (evil), cabilis (iksar)

-Are good/evil characters KOS in FV? evils are KOS

-I seem to remember the Levitate spell being a lot more important in Kunark, namely for flying over the Dreadlands (the spider folk see invis?). You might want to start collecting bat wings!

-Will EC tunnel still be the main marketplace? I think I recall lots of sales going on in Lake of Ill Omen, and Firiona Vie. EC will still dominate

-Will people still level in classic areas? yep

-How much classic loot will become obsolete? Some of the higher end stuff will remain in use well into Velious- depends on the class I guess

-Are levels 50 and 55 considered hell levels? Forgot, but can say that 50-60 is a LOT longer than 40-50

And of course, feel free to ask questions as well. :P

"Thou speak'st aright; I am that merry wanderer of the night."
Old 03-19-2011, 03:39 PM
Kobold

EC remained the trading location til bazaar -
Old 03-19-2011, 03:52 PM
Sarnak

Wizards also get evac to Skyfire and EJ.

Mithaniel Marr
Fishytoothy | LVL 70 Troll Shaman
Stechen Meister | LVL 70 Barbarian Rogue

In Your Face Space Coyote!
Old 03-19-2011, 05:10 PM
Banned

-How do you reach the continent?

evils go there from the docks in oasis of maar, takes them to OOT then you run across the island it drops you off at and take the boat from that dock to overthere.

good guys go there from firiona vie at the docks (where most people go to BBM to kill guards for exp) and take shuttles. the shuttle will bring them to the next zone, and it will transfer them to another boat (you have to transfer boats yourself) and that boat will take you to firiona vie.

also, druids and wizards both get ports to dreadlands, as well as evacs which act the same as ports to emerald jungle and skyfire mountains

-What Wizard/Druid ports are there?

Dreadlands ^^ (EJ and SF as well)

-Where are banks located?

Firiona Vie bank for the good guys, Overthere bank for evils, and cabilis of course for iksars

-Are good/evil characters KOS in FV?

iksars are KOS at BOTH firiona vie and overthere... good guys are KOS in overthere, but have faction in FV... evils are KOS in firiona vie but have faction in overthere

both evils and good guys are KOS in cabilis

^true story

-Will EC tunnel still be the main marketplace? I think I recall lots of sales going on in Lake of Ill Omen, and Firiona Vie.

Great exp zones for all levels, both dungeons and outdoor zones.

outdoors you have noobie zone of field of bone (best starting zone in EQ imo), and I personally thought lake of ill omen, frontier mountains, and the overthere were great zones for exp in outdoor zones. Dreadlands is also very good, and so is emerald jungle, very underrated exp zone!

indoors are great you can almost do all of your levelling in dungeons.. Dalnir is a great zone from 25+ for dungeon grind exp, and city of mist is another solid dungeon once you are in the 35+ level range.

-Will people still level in classic areas?

I am not sure, I know i wouldn't stick to classic zones for exp when I have always found kunark much better

unforunately most classic loot will become obsolete once people start farming the hell out of the kunark zones. The loot is far superior (gotta think level 50 to 60 is a huge differance, the gear in the zones reflect that)

-Are levels 50 and 55 considered hell levels?

level 51-59 are "all" hell levels, with 54 and 59 having the biggest exp penalties (at least thats how EQlive was back then). It will be a very long grind to get from 50-60

If you are wondering anything else just ask!

thx pals,
Foxx News
The No Spin zone
Old 03-19-2011, 05:13 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to Ihealyou

I heard that 50-60 takes about as long as 1-50 did. Does anyone know if that's right?

Uuur - Your favorite Master +1 cleric <LifeAlert>
Rockwell - Your favorite 30 virgin <Aspen and Rockwell>
Old 03-19-2011, 05:16 PM
Banned

It might take just as long as 1-50 did.. The exp is horrible at those levels, back on the day in EQlive, i was levelling up a troll warrior. I grinded and grinded and grinded, and it took me almost 2 months to hit 60, and I was in chardok or sebilis the entire time with a good guild group.

I dont know the numbers, but be prepared for a long grind. IMO every level 54 to 59 is harder than 45
Old 03-19-2011, 05:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooj [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
everything except some dragon and sky stuff
Closed Thread