Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2020, 02:55 AM
Planar Protector

can confirm al kabor pretty kewl if u like mooncats
Old 04-25-2020, 03:51 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What do you mean "allow"? Do you really think they have the code for luclin and PoP ready to go but refuse to just press the button to open it?
Technically a few presses, but essentially, yes.
Old 04-25-2020, 09:04 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dairmuid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I swapped from P99 to TAKP a few years back because my neckbearding days were coming to an end (READ: we started having kids).

TAKP is a great alternate to scratch the EQ itch and far more friendly to those of us with very limited playtime. TAKP is in the midst of Luclin with POP to drop sometime in the next year probably. It also has the most adult, kind, friendly group of people i've ever played an MMO with.

But i do miss the adrenaline that kicks in when an earthquake hits.......
That's interesting. In 2011-2012 I actually played on EQMac (what a weird thing it was. switching from PC to mac when I was at uni, and my favourite game from high school got released... and was free to play. like wut? on a mac. The whole world was upside down for me when I first found out). Reading that TAKP is essentially EQMac++ is fascinating. Unfortunately, I don't look forward to PoP content, and not even interested in much from Luclin in terms of zones (bazar included....that was strage. I hated how quiet EC got. Nexus/PoK were terrible stale meeting spots.) I liked some of what the new models and spell effects brought in terms of high quality GFX, but in a lot of ways the new style puts me off. So it is a bit of a mixed bag. Once you add in the smaller community and the 3 box rule and the bonus xp (is that bonus XP now about the same as what p99 has?) it starts to sound less enticing.

I'm not in it for the classic vs non-classic really. I'm looking for a good server to play on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garfo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Luclin is NOT classic Everquest. It marks the beginning of the wound that became gangrenous and mutated EQ Live into the abomination it is today. I thank the gods above and below that the powers that be here in the P99 community understand this.

Classic-themed custom content within the current iteration of Velious Norrath? Great. Cats on the moon, shitty new graphics, bazaar, and nexus? FOR THE LOVE OF GOD NOOO!
I totally agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Al`Kabor Project goes to PoP and is stable... enjoy.

Custom content on blue however? That would be nice.
I would love some custom content. Is that a thing the Devs are open to? I'm sure the community could bring itself together to develop some of it. I mean the HD texture pack is incredible for a fan run project for a fan run server. A lot of DnD people are very creative no?
Old 04-25-2020, 11:08 PM
Sarnak

Im perfectly happy keeping the server where it is. if the staff want to add more thats fine. i like the overall feel of the server and can enjoy it as long as the spirit remains the same.
Old 04-25-2020, 11:47 PM
Sarnak

#customcontent
Old 04-27-2020, 01:52 AM
Server GM

Nope.
Old 04-27-2020, 01:56 AM
Planar Protector

The alkabor project is a great EQ emu server. Its easy for p99 players to forget that P99 is part of a larger ever quest emulator community and there are some other cool guys out there.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 04-27-2020, 04:28 AM
Planar Protector

I’m considering Agnarr for my PoP needs.
Old 04-28-2020, 12:35 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

It would be cool to play a beast lord.
Live is pay to play basically, with the AA system.
I think you get 250 AA out of ten thousand being a free player?
I'm broke these days, let's advance blue a bit?
Old 04-30-2020, 05:32 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The alkabor project is a great EQ emu server. Its easy for p99 players to forget that P99 is part of a larger ever quest emulator community and there are some other cool guys out there.
It's really easy for rabid p99 players to get lost in their own assholes in general.
Closed Thread