Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2015, 12:03 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Hail, P1999!

Hi Everyone!

Just finished installing after rebuilding my system. Everything is working great!

Haven't played EQ in a VERY long time and thought I might check out this server I just recently read about from a very outdated post I happened across on my old SoD guild forum. Was tossing between rebooting my chars on SoD until it crossed my mind that none of my old guild plays much anymore (if at all) and one of the last posts from 2012 (hadn't been on the boards since.. ~'09ish?) had mentioned Project 1999 and an 'authentic feel to the classic eq experience' so.. here I am! SoD is great but it's kind of.. developed already? Not much going on for a 65 with maybe 4AA besides boxing = borrring!

Anyway, still getting my sea legs back, rolled a Troll/SK and trying to remember how to play =P

Just wanted to say, 'Hi!'

Safe travels!
Old 10-13-2015, 11:59 AM
Orc

Welcome to the server! I loved SoD waaayyyy back when! This server is pretty amazing for a classic EQ feel! I'm having a blast so far with a 31 cleric and 19 paladin! Sashias or Meddlin in game if you'd ever like to chat!
Old 10-14-2015, 12:12 PM
Fire Giant

Troll is absolute best race, grats! Welcome to p99!

How's the leveling going?
Pickahippy - 52 Druid
All priest, all the time.
Old 10-14-2015, 05:00 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Thanks for the warm welcomes!

Slow going on my Shadowknight, that's for sure! Forgot how slow it can be at low levels. Not to mention my Live character was a Wood Elf Druid so still getting used to Grobb and the swamp area. Just slow. Looking up ways to make some money at low levels so as to at least get some slots filled up and grab my spells in case I leave Innothule in the process and see what turn in quests are available to expedite the process.

Thanks again!
Old 10-15-2015, 11:00 AM
Sarnak

First 8 levels for Troll SK can be a real drag. Lowbie mobs don't stand still a lot so just getting agro can be a pain running after them trying to get their attention by whackin' at 'em.
I advise heading over to Feerrott just outside of Oggok. There is a vender that sells fletching kits and bow making supplies. Throw 5 or 10 points into fletching, make yourself a bow. Then you can go back home. Arrow making supplies are available in Grobb.
It just seems odd that trolls have to go to Oggok to get a fletching kit, but thats life on Norrath.
Once you have bow and arrows, getting agro is easy. Levels will come faster.