Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2020, 05:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmaerx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol. More likely the people playing ARE older, and grandpa needs to be woken up in between pulls, or dada needs to burp the baby and change a diaper.

In my case, I need to be woken up AND burped in between pulls.

I do like your flex to blame the youth though. Real boomer of you, sir.
Ive seen your stream. You couldnt be younger then 40 lol. Who are you calling boomer lol.
Old 12-28-2020, 06:04 PM
Sarnak

Wat. Bruh, lol.

Maeraculous - 60 Enchanter
Old 12-28-2020, 06:07 PM
Planar Protector

Damn dude boomers are way older than 40. Millennials are almost 40!

Must be a Z boy talkin.

; )
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 12-28-2020, 06:12 PM
Planar Protector

TIL boomer is state of age, not a time of birth ha

"I am the greatest generation, now!"

(400k dead cus we cried about not wanting to do stuff lol)
Old 12-28-2020, 06:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My comments don't piggy-back on the purpose of this thread. So, if this thread is all about finding what is wrong with p99 that isn't what my comments were meant to be about.

Second, age and generation are not the same thing. On average, the people playing today on p99 are probably older than the players who played back in 1999 on live, but they are of a different generation. For example, there are less GenX'ers on p99 than Millennials, whereas on live it was probably the other way around. If that is true then it would have big implications for the way the game is played.

I don't agree with you that everyone on p99 is "old and casual" --- I'm not sure what that would mean given the number of people who clearly play this game in 2020 like it is a career/life choice.
Ah, I misunderstood your comments as having something to do with the thread they're nested within. My bad.

But yes. The vast majority of the people playing this server and the game in general are older and casual and distracted as hell. Especially in the pub group and leveling scene. I'm definitely saying that it has nothing to do with generation and everything to do with age. You have all the time in the world to fill and spill piss bottles at the keyboard when you're a spry 15-20.. which is the point I was making actually relevant to the thread, lol.

Side note, forming new guild: Fill and Spill. Apply within.

Deep within.

Old 12-28-2020, 07:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Damn dude boomers are way older than 40. Millennials are almost 40!

Must be a Z boy talkin.
Yeah, folks in their 40's are solidly gen X'ers. That's okay though, X'ers are used to being overlooked. Even the youngest baby boomers are more like mid 50's now, and the older of them are in their 70's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmaerx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The vast majority of the people playing this server and the game in general are older and casual and distracted as hell. .
Older than who? I'm constantly surprised at how many young players are on P99, which I define as anyone who wasn't at least an adult when EQ originally launched. Given the passage of more than twenty years, it means I regard a P99'er in his early-mid 30's as "young" in that sense. It's relative I suppose.

Danth
Last edited by Danth; 12-28-2020 at 08:00 PM..
Old 12-28-2020, 08:09 PM
Planar Protector

I think most P99 players are in their 30's and were youngsters when they played.

I haven't met anyone on P99 that was really good at everquest back on live, because I think most of them were in their 20's in 1999 2000 and 2001 and real life took them away before they could find out about P99.

The older guys make sense if they were playing in their 40's in stable life situation and remained playing in their 50's and 60's with a still-stable life situation.

Not a lot of boomers here but if you found one he probably has a super dialed in basement dungeon for winning at everquest.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 12-28-2020, 08:19 PM
Planar Protector

The (lower-end) guild I'm in, we have one guy who's in his early 70's and a few more folks in their 60's. Some of my other friends on here are in their 50's or beyond. They're out there, but I suspect they don't hang around P99's high-end raid scene very much. I'm just glad the wife and I were already adults when EQ originally launched. I did a lot of stuff that I might not have done if I was too busy chasing gnolls when I was 16 or whatever.

Danth
Last edited by Danth; 12-28-2020 at 08:30 PM..
Old 12-28-2020, 08:32 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Older than who? I'm constantly surprised at how many young players are on P99, which I define as anyone who wasn't at least an adult when EQ originally launched. Given the passage of more than twenty years, it means I regard a P99'er in his early-mid 30's as "young" in that sense. It's relative I suppose.

Danth
Older than the average person playing at launch. Probably by about 15 years, if I had to guess. That later stage of life just doesn't lend to being as attentive as a 15-20 year old with their eyeballs glued to the screen.

Doesn't make them boomers. That was just a joke.

We're also talking about the casual public scene, which makes up the vast majority of the population, and is being complained about in this thread. Not sweatlords such as myself.

Last edited by xmaerx; 12-28-2020 at 08:34 PM..
Old 12-28-2020, 08:52 PM
Planar Protector

Where is the vast majority of population that is casual public/

It seems like everyone on every p99 server is 50+ or 60+ is that just because we've had over 10 years to get there? I guess that could make sense.
Lost but not forgotten.
Closed Thread