Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2019, 08:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlankDiploma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey guys, I just wanted to chime in real quick since I see a lot of speculation about what is and isn't possible with the Titanium client.

I have a background in DirectX programming and I approached the devs a few weeks ago with a fix I cooked up for (some of) the Titanium client's lighting issues. The P1999 team now has the ability to directly modify the compiled shaders being used by the titanium client, as well as a few other interesting aspects of the rendering pipeline (such as racial vision bonuses) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I don't want to speak for the Devs, so I'm not going to speculate about what they are and aren't planning for Blue or Green (since I have no idea), but I'm sure you can use your imagination.

This is all under VERY active development, but I believe the devs are planning to release a complete lighting overhaul in the near future. What you're seeing on Blue right now is just a couple of accidental premature changes. Hang tight!
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-02-2019, 08:42 PM
Kobold

Man just a huge Thank you! Lighting changes that will actually make the summoned light source spells useful again is awesome. That just may edge that original ui look...maybe. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-03-2019, 03:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlankDiploma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey guys, I just wanted to chime in real quick since I see a lot of speculation about what is and isn't possible with the Titanium client.

I have a background in DirectX programming and I approached the devs a few weeks ago with a fix I cooked up for (some of) the Titanium client's lighting issues. The P1999 team now has the ability to directly modify the compiled shaders being used by the titanium client, as well as a few other interesting aspects of the rendering pipeline (such as racial vision bonuses) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I don't want to speak for the Devs, so I'm not going to speculate about what they are and aren't planning for Blue or Green (since I have no idea), but I'm sure you can use your imagination.

This is all under VERY active development, but I believe the devs are planning to release a complete lighting overhaul in the near future. What you're seeing on Blue right now is just a couple of accidental premature changes. Hang tight!
wow that's fantastic, thank you
Old 10-03-2019, 03:04 AM
Planar Protector

Baller man. I'm so hyped. People will be clutching their candles!
Old 10-03-2019, 11:36 PM
Planar Protector

Changing my "far clip plane" slider is, in addition to its usual function, also altering the effective radius of my character's light sources. Doing it with everything from greater lightstones to coldlight. Dunno if that's inherent to Titanium or not--never really paid attention--but figured I'd mention it.

The light sources remain visible and quite distinct even when the wearing character is invisible. The wife was easily able to follow me around even though she could not see me. Again I dunno whether that's expected behavior or not but it doesn't hurt to bring it up.

The new light effects seem to carry a framerate hit, but in addition some entire zones such as watrsliks wood perform very poorly now even when no great number of light sources are visible. I have not identified why.

Danth
Last edited by Danth; 10-03-2019 at 11:40 PM..
Old 10-04-2019, 03:46 AM
Sarnak

Quote:

Thank you! 🙏
https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blueeepinya
Old 10-04-2019, 12:04 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If that's what it takes to make Kraddok come back, I hope the devs screw up the lighting every month [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

When's the next video?
I so loved Kraddok's videos. My wife is in her upper 60's, never a gamer, but she LOVED his EQ videos. We have a great time watching them. I so hope he does more.

"The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future."

--Oscar Wilde
Closed Thread