Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2019, 08:40 PM
Kobold

@Xallis That is the most unique layout I've ever seen anyone use.
Old 10-24-2019, 08:51 PM
Planar Protector

I think this is gonna more or less be my layout, I like to keep everything centered at the bottom. It's not like the most classic window arrangement, and uses 2 chat windows, but it gets the job done I think. I usually run with 1 chat window until I am guilded or it becomes too much of a pain later on.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I usually keep the bottom bags/inventory window up most of the time, but the top minimal mode is when I want a more streamlined view... im thinking swapping between the two is my own personal f10 roleplaying hack that im going to fullscreen to transparent mode [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-24-2019, 08:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deliverator [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does 4:3 make a difference because you can see more up/down than you can in 16:9?
I played this game in widescreen for so long. Just a few weeks ago I went 4:3....

Now I will never go back.
Old 10-24-2019, 08:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played this game in widescreen for so long. Just a few weeks ago I went 4:3....

Now I will never go back.
Ugh. I'm not sure I can do it. My 1920x1080 monitor doesn't leave me enough black space to do much of anything with if I center the view area, and if I right- or left-justify, it fucks with my brain that the center of the play area isn't the center of the monitor. I even moved the monitor over so I'm centered on the play area but it still was driving me nuts. And having chat windows overlap between the black border and the play area is another mindfuck unless I put a black texture behind the window, and then that's just a different sort of mindfuck.

I guess I could probably get used to it in a week? If I don't go insane first.

What's the benefit of a little more vertical field of view anyways? Not having to look up and down a little when fighting giants or stuff in plane of sky? Lol.
Old 10-24-2019, 08:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ugh. I'm not sure I can do it. My 1920x1080 monitor doesn't leave me enough black space to do much of anything with if I center the view area, and if I right- or left-justify, it fucks with my brain that the center of the play area isn't the center of the monitor. I even moved the monitor over so I'm centered on the play area but it still was driving me nuts. I guess I could probably get used to it in a week?

What's the benefit of a little more vertical field of view anyways?
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] "cool didn't notice that ceiling before."
Old 10-24-2019, 09:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] "cool didn't notice that ceiling before."
Exactly! Plus the game just looks better cause it's squished together more and not all stretched apart. And a small amount of pixels on your screen looks much better squished up than stretched out!
Old 10-24-2019, 09:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Exactly! Plus the game just looks better cause it's squished together more and not all stretched apart. And a small amount of pixels on your screen looks much better squished up than stretched out!
I don't think it is stretched. That's why the vertical FOV is different at 4:3 than 16:9, because in 16:9 the top and bottom just get cut off as the screen "zooms" forward until the whole 16 is filled.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 10-24-2019 at 09:15 PM..
Old 10-24-2019, 09:12 PM
Kobold

https://magaimg.net/img/9czg.png

I like what Xallis did so I am doing my own thing based off of his screeny.
Used this in game with my 1920x1080 monitor.
/viewport 480 0 1440 1080
Old 10-24-2019, 09:17 PM
Planar Protector

God. That hurts my brain.

Now if I had a vertical monitor and could have a 1440x1080 viewport with a bunch of black space above or below, I'd be ok with that. But the viewport on the side just mindfucks me.
Old 10-24-2019, 09:24 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
God. That hurts my brain.

Now if I had a vertical monitor and could have a 1440x1080 viewport with a bunch of black space above or below, I'd be ok with that. But the viewport on the side just mindfucks me.
I haven't tried but maybe you can mount your monitor so its standing vertically and change the display settings from landscape to portrait? Though at that point i'd rather just do 16:9 than go through the hassle lol
Closed Thread