Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 10:57 AM
Kobold

Default Pathing [warping] in Unrest

There are several mobs that z-axis warp when pulled.
  • The Undead Barkeeper [or ph] will z-axis warp up to the hags if pulled over his bar about 80% of the time. He will then come down the stairs to the fireplace area.
  • The Lesser Blade Fiend [or ph] will do the same thing if pulled over the little ledge.
  • --both of the above are huge issues - when walking in the back door, when you would normally just encounter one mob, what will sometimes result is a HUGE train from upstairs. it seems the mobs are disregarding their pathing to follow the player at a short distance. what should happen is, if aggro'd and the player is outside of melee range, the mob should path around the bar or short wall to the player. i've seen this mechanic work before, but here the rooms are short and the bar/short wall make it so that the mob's height glitches out when standing on said bar/short wall
  • When pulling from the first area of the basement (werebats, dusty werebat, skeletons, and the occasional hag [just before the fake wall down to the dorf] if you try to pull a mob from there, up to the main room, the mob will sometimes warp from being behind you to in front of you (to around the bookcase door). So, you get jumped out of nowhere on what otherwise would have been a safe pull)
Old 04-26-2012, 01:04 PM
Kobold

Also, the one roaming Carrion Ghoul on the east side of the second floor has an issue. He is supposed to start in the end of the hall near the fireplace, walk to the end of the hall with the stairs, and then walk to the top of the stairs to the little platform where the hook and bones and head/arm lock thing is, and stop there for a while, and path back. But, he just walks into the end of the hall near the stairs and disappears into the wall. When you walk up the steps, he'll pop out of nowhere and attack you.

I assume his pathing is just missing a node on the way up the stairs.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:32 PM
Banned

Carrion ghoul still buggy; he dissapears and reappears when u stand there.

Also regarding the z-axis warping; pets will pop into a different level of the unrest castle when sending to attack or w/e. seems like its tied to the first floor back door area (the round room with 3 pathers).

If on second level with fireplace and pet warps he ends up fighting mobs in that first floor back door area. Same goes for warping out of the basement. If pet warps hes in round room fighting ghouls w/e...
Old 06-16-2012, 12:16 PM
Banned

bumping; this is still happening
Old 05-14-2013, 10:08 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aelzrith [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Undead Barkeeper [or ph] will z-axis warp up to the hags if pulled over his bar about 80% of the time. He will then come down the stairs to the fireplace area.
This has been mitigated from 80% to about 20% from my testing. I'll be working a bit more on these as I can.
Old 05-14-2013, 10:14 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aelzrith [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, the one roaming Carrion Ghoul on the east side of the second floor has an issue. He is supposed to start in the end of the hall near the fireplace, walk to the end of the hall with the stairs, and then walk to the top of the stairs to the little platform where the hook and bones and head/arm lock thing is, and stop there for a while, and path back. But, he just walks into the end of the hall near the stairs and disappears into the wall. When you walk up the steps, he'll pop out of nowhere and attack you.

I assume his pathing is just missing a node on the way up the stairs.
Fixed, pending update.
Old 02-23-2014, 03:43 PM
Sarnak

the lesser blade fiend ledge still warps enemies into the second floor if they path over it. Same happens in the room with the two small bookshelves (east of MR), if you pull something out, it might warp into the tiny bedroom on second floor and agros the mob that spawns there. I don't know which of the two spawns in that room does that, it's also not easy to reproduce but it happens around every 5th pull.

Aggroing the roamer (that goes from FR into non-priest tower) on top of the tower will still train the entire hand room.
Closed Thread