Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 09:57 AM
Kobold

Default Pets Post Patch Functioning Differently

[this is coming from a mage, but i assume the mechanic to be the same for other pet classes/charmed pets]

So, before the patch:

If I had a pet up and mob1 attacked me via range/kos aggro, my pet would attack it. If my pet was still attacking mob1, and i told him to attack mob2, the pet would wait until he was done killing the mob1 to go attack mob2 (or in some cases, if mob1 would flee, he might attack mob2 if mob2 was closer in rage than the first mob. was great fun when this happened and a mob ran away and pulled a train.) (at first I thought "closer in range" but what probably happens is that the mob1 runs away and the mob2 out-aggros mob1 because it is still attacking/tuanting)

Now, post-patch:

if mob1 attacks me, pet starts attacking mob1, and i tell pet to attack mob2, he disregards mob1 and runs to attack mob2 unless mob1 out-aggros mob2.

I'm not sure which of the two are correct/classic, but I've noticed a change and wanted to post about it.
Last edited by Aelzrith; 09-19-2012 at 10:01 AM..
Old 09-19-2012, 11:46 AM
Planar Protector

I believe this is how it should be, from what i remember 12 years ago. If pet is attacking mob1, and you tell it to attack mob2, it should do just that. You shouldnt have to tell it to back off mob1 to attack mob2. Ill try to dig for proof
Old 09-20-2012, 08:14 AM
Project Manager

I vividly remember needing to spam /pet back off and /pet attacking a new target, to get a pet to switch to a new target. If an npc is actively swinging on your pet, it should be mildly difficult to get it to attack a new target.

I believe scenario 1 from OP is accurate and if that changed, needs to be reverted.

edit: Spamming /pet back off | /pet attack wasn't necessary. If you could time it between npc swings.

If 2 npcs are both attacking your pet.
-both npc A and npc B are attacking your pet.
-Pet is attacking npc A
-if you can /pet back off, target npc B, and /pet attack before npc A aggros again (swing, dot tick, etc), pet should attack npc B
Last edited by nilbog; 09-20-2012 at 08:42 AM..
Old 09-20-2012, 02:59 PM
Fire Giant

While not relevant to whether it's bugged or not, you should have a macro set to both back off and attack at the same time if you want your pet on multiple targets.

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Old 09-28-2012, 04:49 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by uygi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While not relevant to whether it's bugged or not, you should have a macro set to both back off and attack at the same time if you want your pet on multiple targets.
1 = pet attack
2 = back off

Closed Thread