Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2020, 08:37 PM
Kobold

Default Continuing life on Blue?

I took my main (Shaman) to 47 right before Green released. I never raided or experienced anything beyond that myself in EverQuest so I'm kinda bummed everyone moved when I was this close to stepping into a plane for the first time.

Is it still worth being on Blue with my raid virginity intact? Or is it all just greaseballs in VP gear hardcore farming Velious dragons? Should I hop back and finish those last few levels and work on my epic?

I still don't have my Spear of Fate. On the other hand with everyone on Blue fully decked in endgame gear (and everyone who isn't fleeing to Green) I think it'll be easier to find help.

If so can someone refer me to a non-hardcore raiding guild who's still active on Blue and is willing to save a child's tear for an epic-less 47 shammy? Or even just take me to Plane of Fear and let me watch. I promise I won't be a burden. Would be greatly appreciated.

23 y/o forever DM and old school fantasy nerd - Discord: midoo
Odym Drekk
- 54 BAR SHM (main) || Midoo - 52 BAR WAR (alt)

Old 04-04-2020, 08:54 PM
Planar Protector

People should definitely raid fear n hate but those r 2.0 versions now. The progression is solro, kunark, velious droppables, and tradeskills > Kael, fear2, hate2, pom, pog, thurg, skyshrine, vp, ntov, the random elite bosses everyone races for to spend dkp on that 1oddbis.

It will take 3+ years to get all the good stuff. Raiding batphones, 24/7 on call.

Or u could stop at solro n call it mostly good, maybe do a few easier raids to see what the fuss is about.

Green is going to be exactly the same, but, low n behold the gear will be obsolete if that is why you're playing. I don't know if casual scum are allowed in the planes or not tbh they weren't in 2010.

Fear is cool tho, u should go.

Who knows, maybe some cool guilds are gearing newbs with fear, pog, hate 2.0 pickup groups, which is really cool, n nice, that's how I got to see that stuff on live.

So much negativity on the forums it's hard to say. People are way more bitter, dead set on certain expectations, and foreknowledge now.

I have a 50 on red in guk rags. Got no problem with it. It's fun anyway. But ppl r crazy. Sometimes I just want to drop some banded on a half elf and fight old school gnolls.
Old 04-05-2020, 06:23 PM
Planar Protector

There are a lot of people who are still on blue but aren't raiding VP. Many active 50+ raiding shamans dont have epics but will eventually. Some are 60 and don't raid at all or have an epic (I got my ranger Swiftwind at 58!). This game complies with the principle of free will.

If you want to join a casual guild and get a tear you will probably need a few levels (55+ is usually ideal for raiding unless you are a vox-naggy toon) Or save up the plat and buy one. If going the cheap route patience will reward you...if it's a deal-breaker you should level up a druid, rogue or ranger.

Sorry for the soap-box wisdom but this game is meant to be fun. If you have pixel lust and aren't willing to sacrifice the real-life hours (and likely some RL friendships) you won't ever have the "best of the best gear". That doesn't mean though you can't join a fun capable but low pressure guild and get the 2nd best gear in the game.

What are you willing to sacrifice?
At what point is your gear "good enough"?
Are you here to give back and help people are just socking for the DKP's?

Those questions will dictate your trajectory; no judgement for any of your goals. Different strokes for different folks and all that. I saw a lvl 52 pally in HK with a Tunare sword and thought "damn that's awesome!". 20 years ago I would have hated that person. I guess setting the bar low has some advantages [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

PS: When the level cap is 60, levels > gear. Keep grinding and making money. Do what you can, when you can but don't say "I wont level without my epic" or you will quickly paint yourself into a corner...
Last edited by Snaggles; 04-05-2020 at 06:27 PM..
Old 04-05-2020, 07:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are a lot of people who are still on blue but aren't raiding VP. Many active 50+ raiding shamans dont have epics but will eventually. Some are 60 and don't raid at all or have an epic (I got my ranger Swiftwind at 58!). This game complies with the principle of free will.

If you want to join a casual guild and get a tear you will probably need a few levels (55+ is usually ideal for raiding unless you are a vox-naggy toon) Or save up the plat and buy one. If going the cheap route patience will reward you...if it's a deal-breaker you should level up a druid, rogue or ranger.

Sorry for the soap-box wisdom but this game is meant to be fun. If you have pixel lust and aren't willing to sacrifice the real-life hours (and likely some RL friendships) you won't ever have the "best of the best gear". That doesn't mean though you can't join a fun capable but low pressure guild and get the 2nd best gear in the game.

What are you willing to sacrifice?
At what point is your gear "good enough"?
Are you here to give back and help people are just socking for the DKP's?

Those questions will dictate your trajectory; no judgement for any of your goals. Different strokes for different folks and all that. I saw a lvl 52 pally in HK with a Tunare sword and thought "damn that's awesome!". 20 years ago I would have hated that person. I guess setting the bar low has some advantages [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

PS: When the level cap is 60, levels > gear. Keep grinding and making money. Do what you can, when you can but don't say "I wont level without my epic" or you will quickly paint yourself into a corner...
Perfekt post.

11/9 points awarded.

Exactly what I was trying to say but my brain dmg did not allow me to say.

Thanks!

P.S. I am starting up an alt on blue to play during med times, and camp respawn times on red [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] so. I will C U REAL SOON.
Old 04-05-2020, 07:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Perfekt post.

11/9 points awarded.

Exactly what I was trying to say but my brain dmg did not allow me to say.

Thanks!

P.S. I am starting up an alt on blue to play during med times, and camp respawn times on red [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] so. I will C U REAL SOON.
Hey thanks! Have fun on blue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Old 04-06-2020, 02:58 AM
Banned

I think the Blue raid scene is healthier than it's ever been right now.

More competition = more fun.

Kittens and The Second Sons have been in ToV recently, with kittens sniping a Dagarn from an AG wipe.

AG splinter faction of RNG has been a benefit.

Fear has been competitive for golems with all 5 guilds racing on a quake.

Riot leadership continues positive engagement with other guilds and doesn't mind not going after certain targets to give everyone an opportunity to experience the fun.
Old 04-06-2020, 04:54 AM
Planar Protector

As much as a bad rap blue raiding gets, on the whole it’s pretty fun. Getting into the lower end stuff will be good for you: kael arena, planes trash, etc.

As a 47 shaman there may be peer pressure to log on to a guild shared character instead, but there are still plenty of raid roles you can fulfil. Plane of Sky requires MANY death touch earers, and there are likely items you may find useful there.

The lack of new characters being rolled is in your favour. The queues for the shaman epic bottleneck have never been shorter.

As you are 47, just breaking into the raid levels I’d full endorse persevering with blue.
Old 04-06-2020, 09:08 AM
Banned

You don't even have to raid to get a Child's Tear.

Just farm the 80k and buy the MQ. The guild you buy it from will often package the final fight in with the purchase.
Old 04-06-2020, 09:19 AM
Planar Protector

^^ yep. Ideally farm and exp at the same time. You can get decent xp off hill giants to 51. After that just make sure you are killing stuff that gives money. I guess you could put in the 200 hours at HG’s (average 400p/h with mild competition for spawns). I’d just personally rather keep grinding the yellow bar.

I expect the epic would make the mid 50’s a breeze and that’s when crap gets really boring. The next 6 levels are exciting for a sham and super easy if you have/can use a JBB. That said if you are bored already dredging through the next 13 levels is going to be torture no matter what. It’s a very slow game...like digital knitting slow...
Last edited by Snaggles; 04-06-2020 at 09:22 AM..
Closed Thread