Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 07-06-2010, 03:57 AM
Sarnak

Default Luclin Spell Icons (post 7/5/10 patch)

I had this working perfectly yesterday, and today I downloaded the files suggested to me in the patch notes (because I thought I had to). Now I can't get my spell icons to match. I know there's a million threads about this already, but none of them really explain how to download the Luclin files.

The original posts from Savok contain dead links so I can't just redo the same steps from before.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:01 AM
Sarnak

Basically, I want the links from this post to work.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8118
Old 07-06-2010, 07:34 AM
Large Rat

I have a similar problem. I like to use the default old ui and after downloading the latest files my icons have been messed up. If the luclin ui had saved spell sets and mana on the inventory screen I would use it.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:31 AM
Project Manager

Quote:
Basically, I want the links from this post to work.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8118
Those files will have to be redone. When the server launched we had proprietary spell gems(first 23). People who wanted custom ones/different looks had to remake them.

This is why the spells and UI files were released in advance before the spell icon order was mandatory(next patch).

However, if you have a backup of your luclin gems and spells_us.txt from prior to yesterday, thats all you need to see it. Just replace the spells_us.txt file with the older one, and load your UI that has the luclin gems.

Note: This is a temporary fix, and will only work until someone makes new Luclin ones I suppose.

Overall this is a good change as you'll be able to use more gem options. I expect to see many more customizations available.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:58 AM
Fire Giant

First of all, for those liking the new Velious UI, great!

I mistakenly thought that this was to become the new standard default UI and made changes accordingly. I know some of you use the default UI (the frilly filigree version) and some use the default old (the old default_old UI) and have experienced issues with getting these UI's to work with the new style spell gems.

Last night I fixed the filigree version of the default as a temporary fix but I am aiming to actually fix both versions tomorrow and have them as full UI downloads , although both will still contain the new spell gem system in accordance to the changes on Project1999. The frilly default UI would be considered 'default' with the Velious and default_old as optional use UI's.

For people with custom UI's nothing has really changed except that you will no longer have the right spell gem showing for the spell you have loaded. I released a basic set of square icons that can be used as a temporary fix here until such time that your UI modder updates their UI to match.
Old 07-07-2010, 11:14 PM
Sarnak

Okay, I downloaded the vert UI (thumbs up) and plugged in the Luclin icons from a backup I found on EQ Interface, and they match again! Only problem is that the spell levels don't match up with classic. Which file needs to be updated? I don't want to mess with the wrong file and lose my icons again.
Old 07-07-2010, 11:30 PM
Fire Giant

Any, ANY spell icon set from EQInteface will not work on P1999 without you doing a complete makeover on them.