Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2016, 02:32 PM
Large Bat

Is a fresh server (roleplay or otherwise) something the devs are actually considering? Because if so, that's really cool, but is the server pop high enough to handle that sort of thing?
Old 03-14-2016, 02:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alzafan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is a fresh server (roleplay or otherwise) something the devs are actually considering? Because if so, that's really cool, but is the server pop high enough to handle that sort of thing?
only in an abstract sense. they're on record as saying p99 green (the recycle server that starts from the beginning) is gonna be years in the making.

discord should be sooner, but it was supposed to come out in january. and that's pvp anyway with an odd rule set so it shouldn't suck people away from blue server too much. most people who play discord won't be on it for too long due to permadeath.
Crallos Rek - 35 ogre shaman
Timothe - 31 human enchanter
Variol Cutthroat - 27 human paladin
Telehr - 23 human magician
Old 03-17-2016, 03:30 PM
Fire Giant

is there a way to start your own private server with the trilogy client, not public just like LAN?
Keep in mind, I have no programming background lol.
Old 03-17-2016, 03:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by drelk001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
is there a way to start your own private server with the trilogy client, not public just like LAN?
Keep in mind, I have no programming background lol.
www.eqemulator.org

No doubt there is, I'd ask on the forums there [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-17-2016, 03:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
www.eqemulator.org

No doubt there is, I'd ask on the forums there [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ROFL I was in the middle of doing that lol
Old 03-18-2016, 08:04 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
www.eqemulator.org

yeah They just said

"Nope"

The problem is that I know people who have trilogy servers but when I ask them how they did it they either don't answer or they start speaking another language :P
Old 03-18-2016, 11:39 AM
Planar Protector

What about the white colored servers on the EQemu list with 1 person playing? Something doesn't add up there... its gotta be possible, just have it live but keep it locked from anyone else joining.
Old 03-18-2016, 11:49 AM
Fire Giant

like a trilogy server, pretty much they said that EQclassic.org has been trying for like 10 years with no results other than a promise that will never happen :P
Old 03-18-2016, 11:58 AM
Planar Protector

P99 and most/all other servers on EQemu are PEQ clones right? Just heavily modified and with irrelevant mobs taken out, zones switched back etc.

Til then I guess you just have to work with the Titanium client and basically do what P99 has done [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] For the sake of whatever you want to do privately on what you make, would a stock PEQ download be so bad? If it's for roaming zones etc.
Old 03-18-2016, 12:09 PM
Fire Giant

I mainly just want to dick around on the trilogy/classic client, with the old stone UI and the mirror when you open your inventory. I understand it would be super buggy and all sorts of fuggered up but yeah.
Closed Thread